Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Things that make you think, wow they are really wealthy!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 8:18 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Ironically, my dh has become actually wealthy and we don't do a single thing anyone has mentioned here, except full time help, no live in. We live in a tiny house, our couch is against a wall, no vacations. We spend that money on charity. And we like it.

Wow truly exceptional.

Here's a link from another thread where you might want to donate. I'm not the OP of that thread. Just a mom who was once in her position:

Please please share this with whoever
Any help is literally a lifesaver

https://gofund.me/9bbc1009

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 8:56 pm
A relative once worked for someone high up in the Forbes 500 list. Among many other things, he had 9 people who worked for him whose job title was Professional Adult Jewish Male - aka his traveling minyan!

There was also someone else who worked there whose job was full-time handyman. He literally just sat around the house waiting for things to break or need adjustment, so that he would be available right away to take care of it.

But before you get too excited about what money can buy, he's also now on wife #5! LOL

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:02 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
A relative once worked for someone high up in the Forbes 500 list. Among many other things, he had 9 people who worked for him whose job title was Professional Adult Jewish Male - aka his traveling minyan!

There was also someone else who worked there whose job was full-time handyman. He literally just sat around the house waiting for things to break or need adjustment, so that he would be available right away to take care of it.

But before you get too excited about what money can buy, he's also now on wife #5! LOL

Poor people often can't afford to divorce.
So many divorces become complicated because of money issues.
Someone with money can can just pay child support and say good bye.

Am not talking about narcisiss who fights everything bc of an inflated ego.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 11:15 pm
When their clothing are all real designer. When the necklace she just bought is worth several hundred thousand $$$ and they just added another 25k bracelet because she was offered a good deal if she adds it to her order. When a coat is discarded and replaced if a button fell off.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 12:43 am
my cousin is an influencer and she is so rich. her own lifestyle. nanny, eating out 3x a week, actually affording rent, going on vacations numerous times a year. that to me is wealthy

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:06 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
When somebody doesn't have their couch against a wall.

Just came across this thread, and this made me laugh.

We are by far not wealthy. We lived in a 2 bedroom with 6 kids. We finally moved to a 'big' 3 bedroom, with a big living room. When we were setting up the furniture, I said, the couches are not going against the wall! I want to be able to open the windows normally (we have the ones that open in), and be able to clean/sweep behind the couch normally. I didn't realize this makes us look rich! Very Happy

mfb

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:08 pm
amother Linen wrote:
my cousin is an influencer and she is so rich. her own lifestyle. nanny, eating out 3x a week, actually affording rent, going on vacations numerous times a year. that to me is wealthy

Why is she still paying rent not mortgage?
Also some people spend on these things without really having money or any savings for the future.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:17 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
Poor people often can't afford to divorce.
So many divorces become complicated because of money issues.
Someone with money can can just pay child support and say good bye.

Am not talking about narcisiss who fights everything bc of an inflated ego.

Um, I still don’t think that most people would be on wife#5 if only they had the money..

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:06 pm
amother Linen wrote:

wait- she is really wealthy but doesn't own??

I see someone else posted this:)

If she can afford to buy- in frum real estate it's stupid not to buy (literally the best investment you can make even if you don't want to live there forever)
If she can't afford to buy- she's not wealthy! no matter how much extra money she spends lol

Busybee5

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:07 pm
mfb wrote:
Also some people spend on these things without really having money or any savings for the future.

Exactly, if she were that wealthy she'd have a small mortgage, if any. Or own the house outright!

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:08 pm
mfb wrote:

they already have a home in England and an apartment in Miami. They live in the city now but their rent is about 7k. Just saw her yesterday actually. They are not frum and her husband is not Jewish so they like to travel from place to place

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:11 pm
amother Lime wrote:
Um, I still don’t think that most people would be on wife#5 if only they had the money..

You're right, but I was just pointing out that divorce isn't cheap.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:39 pm
Someone who never shops designer sales. Wears designer names that don’t have a logo or anything to make it obvious that it’s a designer name. Have more cars than drivers. Owns a few houses but still goes to a Pesach hotel. Lots of charity.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:43 pm
When someone I know suggested with genuine sincerity that I should knock down my deteriorating house and use that as an opportunity to go bigger.
She has that much money that it genuinely did not occur to her that my house might not be in best shape because we cannot pay to update it.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:12 am
amother Ivory wrote:
When someone I know suggested with genuine sincerity that I should knock down my deteriorating house and use that as an opportunity to go bigger.
She has that much money that it genuinely did not occur to her that my house might not be in best shape because we cannot pay to update it.

My gosh do such people exist?

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 2:25 pm
amother Linen wrote:
they already have a home in England and an apartment in Miami. They live in the city now but their rent is about 7k. Just saw her yesterday actually. They are not frum and her husband is not Jewish so they like to travel from place to place

You just made me feel wealthy, Jewish husband and all...
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics