Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Luray caverns? Minyan?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:32 pm
Family is looking to travel from Lakewood to Luray Virginia over midwinter vacation Sunday Jan 28- Monday January 29 and looking for minyanim for mincha, maariv, and shachris on those days (closer than Silver Spring, and Chabad said they can't guarantee a minyan). If your family will be in the area, please send an email to esthersaltzman@gmail.com.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 10:27 pm
You can also try posting on Godaven under temporary minyanim, though I would definitely come up with a back-up plan. Kesher Israel in DC has daily minyan and will be closer than Silver Spring, especially with all the traffic in the area. I vaguely recall DH saying that he once found a Chabad in Virginia not far from DC that also had weekday minyan that could be worth looking into, though we ended up staying in DC.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 10:38 pm
doctorima wrote:
You can also try posting on Godaven under temporary minyanim, though I would definitely come up with a back-up plan. Kesher Israel in DC has daily minyan and will be closer than Silver Spring, especially with all the traffic in the area. I vaguely recall DH saying that he once found a Chabad in Virginia not far from DC that also had weekday minyan that could be worth looking into, though we ended up staying in DC.

Thank you! I called Chabad of Shenandoah Valley, and they said they didn't have regular minyanim. I wonder, would you be able to ask your DH which Chabad it was?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics