Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Winter vacation- staying home
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 11:22 pm
Honestly it sounds like you need to just plop them in front of a video for a week..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 11:24 pm
amother Mint wrote:
Honestly it sounds like you need to just plop them in front of a video for a week..

Ya... Sadly. Or at least a couple of hours a day so I can get my bearings and then we can do something

CPenzias

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 6:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes I know they're mine. But endless hours of unstructured time is really hard for me.

I understand what you're saying but then structure the time.

teachkids

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 7:03 am
We find the friends who are home and trade kids.
Yesterday I took my friends daughter (she had to work) in the morning and baked with the kids. In the afternoon I sent my daughter to a friend who invited a bunch of friends over and took the little ones to a baby activity.
We'll probably take that friend one day next week and break out a special art project or something.

amother
Peru

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 7:24 am
Besides for the issue of working parents I think the week off is good. Kids need off time from school and work and homework. I looked around and found something affordable for us to go away I find sometimes day trips cost more and they like the hotel Experience. But there were years we did sleepovers found friends who where also not away . Movie nights and just spending time together is nice . I Understand for you it’s overwhelming but nothing’s gonna change unless you change your headspace. If it makes it easier to pack everyone’s lunch bags in the morning with snacks then do that. Borrow a new cookbook or google and make some yummy treats put a teen in charge.

DVOM

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 8:22 am
Poor OP. It sounds like your in that awful pre-acceptance stage where your mind is still searching for a way out. That energy - anger, resentment, bitterness, feeling wronged- won't let you do anything to improve or solve your situation. Give yourself some love and understanding. Have a long cry with your husband or a friend. It sounds like running mommy camp for a week is something you really don't want to do. You're truly dreading it. You wish you had the money to go away, like those 80% are. It hurts. It really does. I've been there, my husband in school, not an extra penny for extras, the kids all my responsibility. It's really hard.

Once you accept that your kids do have off, and that others have the resources to enjoy that time off differently than you do, there really is a lot you can do to make this a lovely week for yourself and your kids. You don't want to do it. I know. You've said you 'don't have the headspace'. My friend, your headspace is in your control. Your in charge of your headspace. There are some great ideas here. With a changed headspace (attitude), you can make them work. You can do it mama!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics