Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to dress 9 yr old DD

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:02 pm
I'm going to be shopping for summer clothes shortly. I have 3 girls. She's my oldest. Until now it was easy, find something I like and buy it in all 3 sizes. I feel like she's already too old to be matching my 4 yr old But she's not big at all and I can't imagine dressing her in maxi skirts and tween clothing...
Is it weird to still match? (DD doesn't care either way) But, if I don't, do I buy her just something different but still something that comes in all sizes, just that she shouldn't match?
How does this work?

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:14 pm
Can you bring her along/ask for her input on what she'd like?

giftedmom

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:15 pm
You can still match. If she starts complaining you can recalibrate the next season. She’s way too young for teen clothes.

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:17 pm
No matching. Get her something in a coordinated color.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:19 pm
giftedmom wrote:
You can still match. If she starts complaining you can recalibrate the next season. She’s way too young for teen clothes.

Thanks! Doubt she'll complain. She could care less not to match a 4 year old. I just thought look-wise she is too big, like she would look overgrown. If an outfit comes in the option of a dress or two piece, I try to by the two piece, but shabbos clothes are hard to come by like that. and she really prefers dresses.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Doubt she'll complain. She could care less not to match a 4 year old. I just thought look-wise she is too big, like she would look overgrown. If an outfit comes in the option of a dress or two piece, I try to by the two piece, but shabbos clothes are hard to come by like that. and she really prefers dresses.

She’s really fine in dresses. You’ll know when she’s not when she starts looking weird in them.

amother
Valerian

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:23 pm
Def. Fine for her to still match sisters.

I stopped when my child didnt fit in to kids clothes. Around 12 yrs old.

happy7

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:33 pm
I matched my kids until around bas mitzvah or right before.
I had one who didn’t want to match, and so she got different things. Also children’s things. definitely NOT a teen stuff.

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:45 pm
My DD9 requested not to match her sisters any more. I still buy her kids stuff but in her own colors and styles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics