Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Grant Hyatt Playa Del Carmen - Noise complaint

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:36 am
We were about to book this hotel but then I checked Google reviews and so many people complained about the noise /loud music coming either from the party hotel next door or from Hyatt itself.

Can anyone help me and share if that was their experience? Was there loud music all day?
We want to just relax at the pool and beach and really wouldn’t appreciate loud music.

Tia

DrMom

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:48 am
Check the dates of the reviews.

If many people complained about the same thing in recent reviews and they were not all written at the same time (I.e., not many complaints in response to a single noisy event), then it's probably an ongoing issue.

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 8:28 am
We were there in the summer. We didn’t have any issues at all. I had also seen the complaints. There was another hotel next door where they did have more of a club atmosphere but I think you can ask them for a room where you are not next to that side and it shouldn’t be an issue

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 8:33 am
amother Whitewash wrote:
We were there in the summer. We didn’t have any issues at all. I had also seen the complaints. There was another hotel next door where they did have more of a club atmosphere but I think you can ask them for a room where you are not next to that side and it shouldn’t be an issue

Thank you for responding.
were you able to relax outdoors without hearing the loud music?

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 8:39 am
In Playa there is not a lot of beach area. We were by the pool, most of the time it was pretty quiet. At one point they did have a water aerobic claw there which was noisy, I didn’t spend hours sitting by the water, but for the most part it was nice and relaxing.

Bring a pair of air pods or something to listen to relaxing music

jmom18

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:38 pm
I was there last year, the pool area is quite noisy and often crowded. There’s also some kind of loud club or bar right next door that usually has loud music playing.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 1:10 pm
It can be very noisy till 3-4 AM, especially if you have a room at the city side & not on the beach side.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 1:15 pm
Thank you so much for all replies!
I will choose a different hotel.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 1:25 pm
The left side has a noisy club but the right side is not bad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics