Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
The Yolie Roth wedding last week.
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:08 pm
amother wrote:
I'll appreciate a link also.
Being that the post was an answer to my own post, I tried to understand the response before replying. I can't find the definition yet.
Thanks.

Look, imasoftov imale tova. And Amber:Im not a native american I was born on another country I still need to read a lot on Ima to improve my language. Wink

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:20 pm
Many hugs to you amother crimson. I'm so sorry for what you went through. What you say is heartbreaking. I believe it was very hard and painful to you, as the mother.
I heard that all 40 of them are married already, no? I hope your son is married and you have some nachas at this point.
About scientology and the other things you say.
I'm really curious to hear more. I am considering to send one of my kids there one day. I dont want to walk into the lions den.
The picture that I see, in real life, from the boys I know who attend his yeshiva, from the parents I know who send there and from many of his clips, Id say that while I wouldn't want my kid to think that maro"sh is GD alone, and I would prepare him for that, still, There's a certain air there that absolutely does not portray that of a cult. If anything, the contrary.
I'm really confused.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:30 pm
Thanks for your hugs, Amber dear. My son has aleniated us. Does not step foot in my house. Too much pain to continue. Maybe a little later tonight. And as bitter as it is that he does not wanna come to us it's still sweet because at least he is not drawing the rest of our kids into this.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:34 pm
Crimson, did u send your ds there because he had issues? Then he obviously has a way to deal with them.

Look I don't claim to know y. Roth or his system I'm just asking if your ds had issues. And what's wrong with making a boy cook? Do you realize that boys who are not gonna learn have to do something with themselves or they get into trouble and go to the streets?

I'm not sure you realize that he probably has a system and it took time to tweek it. So now he has the system pat down and many are happy.

I don't claim to know all of what happened and I will only know if you told us.

I am not saying he didn't make mistakes and I do think he's an oddball putting such sensitive topics on YouTube.

Boys that are on YouTube are not going there to listen to what a rav says they are going there to find shmutz. So I don't think he's doing any service.

But maybe his system didn't work for you. Telling boys to cook is not a bad thing.

I'm just trying to understand.

Btw making a bochur shnurring for a yeshiva is standard. All yeshivas do that so he's not doing anything different.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:42 pm
amother wrote:
Look, imasoftov imale tova. And Amber:Im not a native american I was born on another country I still need to read a lot on Ima to improve my language. Wink

I'll be patient with you because English is not your native language, but I don't understand what you're trying to say to me or even what language "imale" is.

I think that even were you speaking in your native language, to be understood you would have needed not just to spell Leah Remini's name correctly but to make it clear you meant her Yahoo article about Scientology. I was expecting an article that said something about Yoel Roth, not about Scientology, so even without the misspelling, I would just have searched for Leah Remini together with Yoel Roth and not found anything useful.

I myself don't know anything about Yoel Roth, had no opinion about him one way or another, and still don't. Knowing more about Scientology doesn't help me decide anything about him, good or bad.

But to be fair, the same goes for Ivory amother on the first page of this thread who said
Quote:
It is not true.. I know him personally...
Since I have no idea who the poster is, that post is not at all persuasive.

Cnc's post
Quote:
We're talking about the same person, but the accusations are old and it's a bunch of politics basically. R' Yoel Roth is the founder/ menahel of Breslov Yeshiva in Williamsburg (and grandson of Rav Chaskel Roth). You can listen to his shiurim on YouTube.
wasn't much more persuasive for me. "The accusations are old" doesn't tell me if they were long ago refuted or not, "it's a bunch of politics" is content-free, his institutional affiliation doesn't say anything either, certainly his grandfather's name doesn't, but perhaps those last two weren't attempts at persuasion, but were intended to identify him. I haven't listened to any of his shiurim.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
Yes that's him, and that's what he did to my brother, my brother needed therapy in order to start being an normal independent thinking person again. Before he was brain washed not to listen to my parents and to him. He basically ruled his life. Today it's basically a yeshiva for throw out boys

A milion hugs, Rose, I'm from the "first 40" or whatever # too. Theres Din and Theres a Dayan. Meaning to say people will one day stand if front of Heaven and have to be accountable. He has a lot to shiver from the big Yoom Hadin.

cnc

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 7:53 pm
imasoftov wrote:
wasn't much more persuasive for me. "The accusations are old" doesn't tell me if they were long ago refuted or not, "it's a bunch of politics" is content-free, his institutional affiliation doesn't say anything either, certainly his grandfather's name doesn't, but perhaps those last two weren't attempts at persuasion, but were intended to identify him. I haven't listened to any of his shiurim.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone of anything. Those in the immediate community can probably understand a lot more than what was implied in those few brief sentences. (I guess identify him is another way of looking at it...)

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for your hugs, Amber dear. My son has aleniated us. Does not step foot in my house. Too much pain to continue. Maybe a little later tonight. And as bitter as it is that he does not wanna come to us it's still sweet because at least he is not drawing the rest of our kids into this.

I'm sorry to hear your son has cut you out of his life. That must be very traumatizing.
While I understand that your pain is unimaginable, I want to share something personal with you.
Being that I'm on the other side of the ocean, let me, if I may, give you some perspective. I know people who have done this, cut thier parents out, and no, they did not necassarily belong to Yolie Roth. Their parents, instead of looking the true reason in the eye, blame it on the childs rebbe, his mashpia, and in my case, my parents blame it on my therapist.
My parents response was that I am completely out of my mind and needed psychiatric evaluation. I understand them. It was thier only cushion to protect themselves from facing the damages they have done. If I am crazy, then they are free of guilt. In order for them to be guilt free, I had to be put down.
Thankfully, I survived. And I'm leading a happy fulfilling life, despite thier terrible predictions about my future.
I reopened my connection with them since, but only when me, my husband, therapist, mentor and Doctor felt that it was safe to do so.
And no. Yoeli Roth was not part of our lives during that challenging time, nor was marosh.

I pray that I have the seichel to treat my children so that they have no reason to cut me out.
And I pray for you, that your son reconcile with you, quickly and smoothly.
Vhashiv lev avos al bonim vlev bonim al avosom.

freedomseek

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:
I'm sorry to hear your son has cut you out of his life. That must be very traumatizing.
While I understand that your pain is unimaginable, I want to share something personal with you.
Being that I'm on the other side of the ocean, let me, if I may, give you some perspective. I know people who have done this, cut thier parents out, and no, they did not necassarily belong to Yolie Roth. Their parents, instead of looking the true reason in the eye, blame it on the childs rebbe, his mashpia, and in my case, my parents blame it on my therapist.
My parents response was that I am completely out of my mind and needed psychiatric evaluation. I understand them. It was thier only cushion to protect themselves from facing the damages they have done. If I am crazy, then they are free of guilt. In order for them to be guilt free, I had to be put down.
Thankfully, I survived. And I'm leading a happy fulfilling life, despite thier terrible predictions about my future.
I reopened my connection with them since, but only when me, my husband, therapist, mentor and Doctor felt that it was safe to do so.
And no. Yoeli Roth was not part of our lives during that challenging time, nor was marosh.

I pray that I have the seichel to treat my children so that they have no reason to cut me out.
And I pray for you, that your son reconcile with you, quickly and smoothly.
Vhashiv lev avos al bonim vlev bonim al avosom.

Maybe it's unfair to say this but I agree that a child not stepping into his home generally stems from real and hurt emotions.
It's hard to believe that a rebbe can sever a parent/child relationship otherwise.
But I might be wrong as I don't know this rebbe.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 11:20 pm
we really have no facts about the situation to know what happened there so we really can't and should not discuss it. It really will not be helpful to spread it all out here because we are not here to fix the problem and it's too complicated for us to fix. So we should leave this as it is.

Breslin is a cut on its own. It doesn't suit most people but obviously it does work for some.

It's important to understand that Breslov has a derech that doesn't speak to everyone. Ever person needs to know what works for them.

I sincerely hope it's not a cult.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 02 2017, 11:32 pm
amother wrote:
I sincerely hope it's not a cult.

A cult is easily identifiable. It has certain features and characteristics.
Breslov allows for too much diversity that it should fall into that category.
People can choose to identify as Breslov but thier affiliations and intensity varies very much, making it hard to generalize Breslov as a cult.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 12:01 am
"Amber" u have a strong point about breslov

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 1:11 am
He does not represent the whole Breslov. He is only a fraction. Others follow much more normal things like R Yankev Keyer Schechter amd some others

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 3:09 pm
Bumping this up.

So is it all lashon hara?

Einikel

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 3:15 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Bumping this up.

Bumping for what?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 3:36 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Bumping this up.

Are you asking if it's lashon hara to bump a thread?

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 3:45 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Bumping this up.

Really? Bumping up a thread from over 6 years ago just to get the gossip?

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 3:53 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Are you asking if it's lashon hara to bump a thread?

You put things simply and brilliantly.

(Im not a Posek, but IMVHO there should be awareness of suffering parents and who did what to whom).
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics