Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Staycation day trip idea? Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:10 pm
I live in lakewood and my kids are all off friday and Sunday. My oldest is a 17 year old boy, youngest a two year old. My oldest was supposed to go somewhere with friends but it fell through. Any ideas of what we can do as a family that won’t be too nerdy for my teens but will accommodate younger kids? And we don’t like outdoor stuff when it’s cold so no snow tubing or skiing. Willing to travel up to two hours and willing to spend for the right type of thing…

amother
Bone

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:16 pm
Add Lakewood in the title to get more replies

amother
Pistachio

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:22 pm
Could’ve written your post word for word down to the ages ( with a baby too bH)

Thinking American Dream mall is the best bet . I’ve done this in the past. DH takes older kids skiing and I take younger ones to another attraction ( like build a bear or the Lego place etc) so it’s one trip and everyone does what makes them happy

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:24 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
Could’ve written your post word for word down to the ages ( with a baby too bH)

Thinking American Dream mall is the best bet . I’ve done this in the past. DH takes older kids skiing and I take younger ones to another attraction ( like build a bear or the Lego place etc) so it’s one trip and everyone does what makes them happy

Right but two issues for my family is that my older ones and my husband do not enjoy skiing. And from what I hear American dream will be super packed…

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 8:14 am
I don’t think American dream will be super packed. Not all schools have midwinter the same time plus so many people go away.
You can go to the American dream indoor amusement park. Fun for all ages.
Or you can drive to the pallisades mall in monsey. Lots of activities there too but it’s a little further than American dream.
There’s also the liberty science center.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics