Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
East Coast Vacation - Driving with Minyan from NJ

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:04 pm
Looking to go on a road trip 4-8 hours from NJ area. My husband must have minyan that is reliable as he’s in the year. My youngest is 2 so needs to be age appropriate. Any ideas for the winter time?

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:15 pm
Cities like Philly, Boston, And Baltimore

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:20 pm
Edison
Rhode Island
Boston
Lancaster
Harrisburg
Scranton
Philly
Baltimore
Silver Spring
Norfolk/Virginia Beach

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:39 pm
Check out Godaven.com. It will give you closest minyanim near any address you put in.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 5:00 am
Thank You all so much for the ideas.

How many of these places are interesting in the winter?

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank You all so much for the ideas.

How many of these places are interesting in the winter?

I’d say they’re equally interesting year round but you haven’t told us what activities or attractions you and your family enjoy to answer that

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:37 am
amother Hunter wrote:
I’d say they’re equally interesting year round but you haven’t told us what activities or attractions you and your family enjoy to answer that

Thanks, we enjoy all kinds of attractions. I’m asking more regarding the weather, like some places have nice beaches or hikes that are obviously not for the winter, at least for me it’s not since I’m a cold person and can’t handle being outside for too long.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:40 am
Philadelphia is great for the winter, has minyanim and kosher food and stuff for young kids.

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:54 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, we enjoy all kinds of attractions. I’m asking more regarding the weather, like some places have nice beaches or hikes that are obviously not for the winter, at least for me it’s not since I’m a cold person and can’t handle being outside for too long.

I personally recommended large cities with lots of indoor attractions

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:57 am
amother OP wrote:

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 10:37 am
amother Ruby wrote:
Philadelphia is great for the winter, has minyanim and kosher food and stuff for young kids.

Awesome thanks

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 10:38 am
amother Hunter wrote:

Perfect, thanks!

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 10:39 am
What are things to do in Scranton?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 4:01 pm
Bump, looking for Shabbos minyanim this time and having a very hard time. Also need a Marriot Hotel within walking distance.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 4:06 pm
amother Peru wrote:
Check out Godaven.com. It will give you closest minyanim near any address you put in.

Be careful about relying on this. In my neck of the woods many of the minyanim only operate when college is in session.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 4:37 pm
I live in Rhode Island. We have a Marriott hotel within walking distance of a minyan. It's not a super close walk (maybe about 35 minutes) but doable. There is also a chabad house that's less than 20 minutes to the marriot...
Between providence, newport, and boston, you could definetly keep busy for a few days with indoor activities here.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 4:00 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
Be careful about relying on this. In my neck of the woods many of the minyanim only operate when college is in session.

Yeah I use them all the time but we always call in advance to make sure.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 4:02 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
I live in Rhode Island. We have a Marriott hotel within walking distance of a minyan. It's not a super close walk (maybe about 35 minutes) but doable. There is also a chabad house that's less than 20 minutes to the marriot...
Between providence, newport, and boston, you could definetly keep busy for a few days with indoor activities here.

Thanks so much, 35 minutes is a bit far for walking back and forth in an unfamiliar place multiple times on Shabbos. Also we’ve already visited Newport & Boston. Looking for something different. Thanks though for your input, I’m sure it’ll help someone who stumbles onto this page.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics