Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Lava cake filling

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 2:48 pm
I’m looking to make a filling for a dessert with the same flavor and consistency as World of Chantilly chocolate soufflé and runny chip molten filling. Does anyone have a recipe for something like it? As best I can tell they use Dutch process cocoa, shortening, sugar, and maybe some other stuff. I am NOT looking for melted chocolate.

Balabroomstick

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:00 pm
Are you talking about a lava cake?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:02 pm
Balabroomstick wrote:
Are you talking about a lava cake?

I’m looking to recreate just the filling of World of Chantilly’s lava/runny chip cake.

Balabroomstick

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m looking to recreate just the filling of World of Chantilly’s lava/runny chip cake.

Hmm that’s a bit challenging since the reason it’s runny is because it has par cooked eggs in it and quite a few of them. Perhaps a ganache would work?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:07 pm
Balabroomstick wrote:
Hmm that’s a bit challenging since the reason it’s runny is because it has par cooked eggs in it and quite a few of them. Perhaps a ganache would work?

Are you sure? Their filling is not actually part of the cake. It seems more like a center they make separately and put into the cookie dough.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:53 pm
I have made these with substituting everything for parve (e.g. Richs whip for milk). while it comes out amazing, I'm not sure it is worth the extra pachke then the ones that don't use 2 seperate batters.

https://www.ghirardelli.com/re.....c1074

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:07 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
I have made these with substituting everything for parve (e.g. Richs whip for milk). while it comes out amazing, I'm not sure it is worth the extra pachke then the ones that don't use 2 seperate batters.

https://www.ghirardelli.com/re.....c1074

Thanks, but I’m trying to recreate World of Chantilly’s filling which does not use solid chocolate (very different taste).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:08 pm
To be clear, I’m looking just for the filling to use for something else.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
To be clear, I’m looking just for the filling to use for something else.

Whatever recipe I have for lava cakes it’s basically the cake recipe under baked , so the outside is cakelike but the inside is still runny and lava like. Sorry can’t help

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, but I’m trying to recreate World of Chantilly’s filling which does not use solid chocolate (very different taste).

I’m not sure how anyone here would have their recipe to share with you

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:22 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
I’m not sure how anyone here would have their recipe to share with you

Doesn’t need to be exact. Just something along the same lines. If no one has, I’m sure I can recreate by calling them to ask and some experimenting, but just seeing if I could save the hassle if someone made something similar already.

Balabroomstick

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:12 pm
amother OP wrote:

How do you know it doesn’t use melted chocolate in the recipe? Can you describe the taste? Maybe they put a little liquor in it?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 7:28 pm
Balabroomstick wrote:
How do you know it doesn’t use melted chocolate in the recipe? Can you describe the taste? Maybe they put a little liquor in it?

Very positive—it’s a Dutch process taste. You can also by packaged and the ingredients do not have chocolate (but they do have the ingredients for everything else, so I’m not sure what the filling alone is).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics