Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Gates of tears are never closed
Previous  1  2

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 8:34 am
Beautiful wrote:
Thank you for writing this about Tisha bAv! You have completelt reframed it for me. Where can I learn more in this vein?

Tysm,I wish I could point to a direct source.

It's more from of a conglomerate of teachers I have learned from, over many years, each pointing towards Hashem's relationship to us, as always, even when it manifests as din, it nevertheless originating out of His Rachamim.

(Lol, I'm not implying I have this integrated at all. But it's an anchor I return to sometimes. I can go into fight or fight over the most mundane things...)

To name a few,

- Rabbi Leib Keleman gives emphasis to Hashem's very deep, personal love for us, for instance he describes the shofar sounding is Hashem ultimately saying "I love you".

- Rav Shimshon Pincus z'tl. He discusses in his sefer on tefilla the glory & awesomeness of directing our cries & groans etc to Hashem. He says that it's in our nature to cry out, even lehavdel animals if all alone, because all knows instinctually He hears us. He says what a shame to sooth ourself with for instance eating, when we can direct our cry to Hashem. This sefer was very impactful to me, esp in a day when there's a large emphasis on positivity, & positivity with emuna, having an eyin tov, all important, but. In this sefer, there's so much he addresses about crying, silent screaming, beseeching etc.

- Rebbetzin Esther Bayla Schwartz gives a lot of emphasis as well, to us simply not being able to see how everything is ultimately coming from Hashem's Rachamim.

All of the above shiurim are available on Torah Anytime

So I can't point directly to a Tisha b'Av source re the abovementioned, but it's a day described in the sources as (& I've heard multiple times rabbonim use the specific English word to translate it but I don't know the Hebrew, does anyone here know?) as a "rendezvous" with Hashem.
The word rendezvous can imply either a romantic, or a non-romantic meeting up, but I think it's safe to say that it's a day of plugging into the potential for more intimate Ani ledodi v'dodi li consciousness, as we mourn & hopefully nurture a little more than before an awareness of what we're missing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:14 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
Tysm,I wish I could point to a direct source.

It's more from of a conglomerate of teachers I have learned from, over many years, each pointing towards Hashem's relationship to us, as always, even when it manifests as din, it nevertheless originating out of His Rachamim.

(Lol, I'm not implying I have this integrated at all. But it's an anchor I return to sometimes. I can go into fight or fight over the most mundane things...)

To name a few,

- Rabbi Leib Keleman gives emphasis to Hashem's very deep, personal love for us, for instance he describes the shofar sounding is Hashem ultimately saying "I love you".

- Rav Shimshon Pincus z'tl. He discusses in his sefer on tefilla the glory & awesomeness of directing our cries & groans etc to Hashem. He says that it's in our nature to cry out, even lehavdel animals if all alone, because all knows instinctually He hears us. He says what a shame to sooth ourself with for instance eating, when we can direct our cry to Hashem. This sefer was very impactful to me, esp in a day when there's a large emphasis on positivity, & positivity with emuna, having an eyin tov, all important, but. In this sefer, there's so much he addresses about crying, silent screaming, beseeching etc.

- Rebbetzin Esther Bayla Schwartz gives a lot of emphasis as well, to us simply not being able to see how everything is ultimately coming from Hashem's Rachamim.

All of the above shiurim are available on Torah Anytime

So I can't point directly to a Tisha b'Av source re the abovementioned, but it's a day described in the sources as (& I've heard multiple times rabbonim use the specific English word to translate it but I don't know the Hebrew, does anyone here know?) as a "rendezvous" with Hashem.
The word rendezvous can imply either a romantic, or a non-romantic meeting up, but I think it's safe to say that it's a day of plugging into the potential for more intimate Ani ledodi v'dodi li consciousness, as we mourn & hopefully nurture a little more than before an awareness of what we're missing.

dont want to go off point.

but why were they punished?

had they cried even not to hashem then hashem would have accepted their tears?
and of course had they cried straight to hashem it would have been different?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational