Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for bar mitzvah boy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:32 am
Hi,
we have entered the realm of bar-mitzvahs! I have so many gifts to give and I don't have any ideas. I have 3 nephews that bar mitzvah are coming up, 2 of them are not learners and very into sports. the third is more yeshivish, but I assume he going to get tons of seforim and Judaica. I don't mind to spend on these 3 gifts as we are very close with them. Any nice unique ideas would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:32 am
I just give cash

asmileaday

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:36 am
My boys appreciated cash gifts the most.
But here are some others they liked
Watch
Wallet
Personalized pen
Personalized embossed stamp (my sons loved that one, everything in site got embossed lol.)
Challah cover
Challah tray

I don't know what your budget is but some people buy designer belts.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:56 am
asmileaday wrote:
My boys appreciated cash gifts the most.
But here are some others they liked
Watch
Wallet
Personalized pen
Personalized embossed stamp (my sons loved that one, everything in site got embossed lol.)
Challah cover
Challah tray

Someone gave my father a tablecloth for his Bar Mitzvah. His mother sensibly put away until he got married. The challah cover and challah tray sound to me like they would fall into the same category. Not really what a thirteen year old boy is going to appreciate getting.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:58 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
Someone gave my father a tablecloth for his Bar Mitzvah. His mother sensibly put away until he got married. The challah cover and challah tray sound to me like they would fall into the same category. Not really what a thirteen year old boy is going to appreciate getting.

Uh what? Tablecloth no way. My boys use their tray and cover every week. Maybe it's a chassidish thing for bochurim to have their own lechem mishna? It's not a full size tray and cover it's a smaller "youth" sized one.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:59 am
Someone gave my brother a very expensive challah knife for his bar mitzvah... My mother said alright this is gonna disappear until you're married. Who gives a 13 year old a massive knife?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics