Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
MOnsey school for boys with extra needs
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 5:29 pm
They can't speak Yiddish so ledegel is out. Has Skill Building centre changed? It was not super popular to send to in my days in MOnsey. Some people sent for UPK and then switched out afterwards. Is there a board? Is it still the same couple running the show?

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 6:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
They can't speak Yiddish so ledegel is out. Has Skill Building centre changed? It was not super popular to send to in my days in MOnsey. Some people sent for UPK and then switched out afterwards. Is there a board? Is it still the same couple running the show?

You sure?
I know someone that sends to legadel that afaik is not a Yiddish speaking home.
I know quite a few people who send there and it seems like a wonderful place. So if you didn’t ask, I’d ask to comfirm it’s not an option.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 1:47 am
Cheder Chabad has an enrichment program for boys with issues like learning disabilities (dyslexia) and ADHD… it’s an amazing place

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 6:59 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Cheder Chabad has an enrichment program for boys with issues like learning disabilities (dyslexia) and ADHD… it’s an amazing place

Cheder chabad does not take children with behavioral issues, only learning. Also, there's no room. Ashar doesn't run their enrichment room anymore, it's through a different program and also, no room. Ther really isn't a place for children in Monsey with learning disabilities and it's such a ridiculous shame. I personally know of several children in the most popular school here that everyone MUST be in and they can't read Hebrew in 3/4th grade. We couldn't find any schools for my wonderful son who has a particular learning disability so he isn't in a frum school. It's killing me that he isn't with other frum kids but he's finally learned to read Hebrew and English. Hes also gotten amazing services that helped him improve all around. We hope to mainstream him next year but the lack of places to go in Monsey for children like him is horrible.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 8:12 am
Perhaps Ba'ar Yishai with full time support?
Monsey options are limited.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:31 am
What is baar yishai? I haven't heard of it

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:33 am
Full time support for a child with anxiety and LD? is this normal? Where would someone get funding for full time support in this situation??

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 10:34 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:

Which campus? The one on Widman?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 9:24 pm
What are the feeder schools for https://shaareiarazim.org/ ?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics