Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
JEC High School in Elizabeth NJ

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 11:22 am
Can anyone provide updated information on this High School? How is the education ? What are the boys like ? Where do they go for school after they graduate?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:32 pm
I'm not sure how updated my info is but it is a typical OOT, community day school. There will be some local frummier ones, although the real frummies who are willing to commute will go to Teaneck to Heichal. The more modern locals will often go to Kushner. It has always been a feeder school from some boys from West Orange and Springfield who went there for elementary school. In the past, boys have also joined from Highland Park, Staten Island etc. I've been out for a few years, but I do not think too much has changed, other than the advent of more bussing to MTA from Highland Park, and the inception and growth of Heichal in Teaneck.

Many boys go to YU, Touro and Rutgers New Brunswick, including the honors track in all of the above. Some go to their local schools like Kean or a CUNY if they are from NY. Some in the past have made aliyah after their gap year. Pre October 7th it was not unheard of for a few to apply to a more elite secular school.

Because the school is on the smaller side, they do try to work with the kids' specific needs. My son was able to take a nice number of APs, especially in the hard sciences. They also have a good STEM lab and program.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics