Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3 yr old not wanting to sleep in her bed

cr2005

Post Fri, Oct 07 2005, 3:44 pm
My three year old daughter refuses to sleep in her bed I tried everything , nothing works. the thing that worked lately is having sleep in the guest room. She started complaining about her bed. ANy advice what could it be, This is really weird because shes not a difficult child at all

Rivk

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 12:03 am
Is she afraid of imaginary things in her room? My son is afraid of the "football players and firemen" that are in his room at night. So every night I "spray" them away with a "magic spray" and then he goes to sleep just fine. Maybe get her a nightlight or a special doll to hold.

lucky

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 12:17 am
Does she give you a reason for not wanting to sleep in her bed? Is the guest room closer to your room? And if she is happy in the guest room, just let her sleep there till the novelty wears off.

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 4:11 am
I have the same problem Rolling Eyes when I find a solution I'll let u know Wink

Motek

Post Sun, Oct 09 2005, 10:02 am
first see if you can get her to tell you why she does not want to sleep in her bed

if there doesn't seem to be a valid reason but it has just become a bad habit, then provide no alternatives to her bed other than the floor of her room and DON'T make a big deal about this

tonight, just act as though of course she is going to sleep in her bed

if she says no, then you say - if you're not going to sleep in your bed, then the only other choice is the floor

if she says the guest room, you say - no, you can't sleep there

ditto for any other suggestions she makes

you insist - your bed or the floor?

you might want to check the mezuza of her room

MatzosMama

Post Wed, Nov 09 2005, 11:53 am
have the same issue...but in this case she only wants to sleep on the floor. Can't figure it out. And no "professional" has any good advice. I'm stumped

happyone

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 8:48 am
Is the guest room mattress more comfortable than her mattress? Does she have a favorite blanket? Try not letting her take her favorite blanket or doll out of her own bed. she may also be scared of something in her own room and need reassurance that she is safe. sometimes a doll or stuffed teddy bear is a good babysitter.
good luck

happyone Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers