Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Potty Training blues

MatzosMama

Post Wed, Nov 09 2005, 12:04 pm
Ok so now I am getting really down......My oldest is three and is not potty trained. She will go if we are not in the house, but she refuses to make poop in the potty. We have been doing this for about 18 months now. We tried the star chart, and treats and prizes, almost everyting that has been suggested to us. Well we need her to get into JESP at out local Temple and that is not ging to happen unless she is TOTALLY potty trained. I am out of ideas.,...... is ther any wisdom out there for this problem??

1stimer

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 2:02 pm
Don't have any wisdom just moral support... Good luck.

Ahuva

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 2:05 pm
Just wondering when is the right time to start potty training? mabe we need a poll

MatzosMama

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 2:13 pm
Ahuva wrote:
Just wondering when is the right time to start potty training? mabe we need a poll

I was told that when your tot is dry after a nap...but personally I think that this is rubbish.. Confused ..I started when she was about 1 1/2...started to sit her on the potty...and get used to having pants pulled up and down...after she sat on the potty, she got a small treat. Then we progressed from there. But you know I don't think I should be giving advice....since I am soooo not doing well with the training now. embarrassed

Ahuva

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 2:21 pm
My son is 15 months old. I don't wanna "miss the boat" when do I start?

1stimer

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 2:27 pm
Ahuva, they say you should wait till they're ready.

MatzosMama

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 3:14 pm
and they will let you know when that is!!

raizy

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 1:05 pm
I wouldnt start before two. bc then u are training yourselves not the child. at two the kid is ready to run make and pull up his pants all on his own.

I think a 3 yr old is quite capeable to be trained. why dont u just send her to school with underpants . she will be embrassed to make in front of all the other kids.

odchai

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 10:21 am
MatzosMama I don't have any solutions or suggestions, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. My son is three, he is adorable with humongous blue eyes and long curly eyelashes. Unfortunately he WILL NOT poop into the toilet or the potty for that matter. He asks for a diaper whenever he needs to make and then runs into a corner and will ask me to change him 3 minutes later. Otherwise he is completely dry all day and often even at night. He has no problem peeing into the toilet and wears underwear all day. When I refuse to put a diaper on him and I sit him on the potty he just doesn't go and I am afraid of making him constipated so in the end I give in and put a diaper on him. I never had this with any of my other kids (he is number 4 out of 5) so I am really at a loss. Although everyone reassures me that he won't walk down the aisle in a diaper, it has reached the point where I am just so tired of changing stinky diapers!!! Crying Usually I limit the diaper for the night so I can at least avoid any accident while he's sleeping, and then he poops into the diaper in the morning and every morning that is my wake-up call, YAY!
Anyway, just wanted to commiserate a little...

MatzosMama

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 9:00 am
Thank you Odchai. It is nice to know that I am not alone in this. And I agree that the stinky diaper thing is getting really old. I hope that my younger one is a bit eaiser when the time come. ( and that is right around the corner!! Crying )

happyone

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 10:11 am
If it makes you feel better I had a child that I couldnt train until four. I tried at 2.5 and it was a disaster. At four, the child was mature enough and ready. It took two days and never an accident since!
you don't have to compete with your friends who brag about their 18 month old being trained. it doesnt make you a better mom or show your parenting skills.
each child at their own pace.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics