Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Looking for other anglo bubble cities besides rbs

therealdeal1

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 7:51 pm
I do want the softest landing for our kids. we are JPF whatever that means in israel and trying to find the right fit. I need other options besides RBS, I dont know if we will get into the schools we want and would like other options. Thanks .

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:25 pm
Are you looking for charedi or dati leumi communities?
K owing this will help give answers.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:50 pm
therealdeal1 wrote:
I do want the softest landing for our kids. we are JPF whatever that means in israel and trying to find the right fit. I need other options besides RBS, I dont know if we will get into the schools we want and would like other options. Thanks .

Did you try netzach? chabad? Why would your kids have trouble getting in?

Other possibilities for jpf:

Ranaana
parts of Jerusalem, maybe Gilo
There are communities in the North, I don't know them well enough, but maybe someone else will chime in

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:53 pm
Hashmonaim

essie14

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:20 am
Why do you think your kids won't get into schools in RBS?

These cities have significant Anglo populations.
Efrat
Neve Daniel
Chashmonaim
Modiin
Rehovot
Raanana
Tel aviv
Jerusalem
Karnei shomron
Maale adumim

tree of life

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:43 am
Hi do your self a favour go to RBS we live in yerushlyim harnof first year thinking it would be a soft landing was very tough moved to rns ten months later bh best thing we ever did pm if I can help in any way

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:05 am
tree of life wrote:
Hi do your self a favour go to RBS we live in yerushlyim harnof first year thinking it would be a soft landing was very tough moved to rns ten months later bh best thing we ever did pm if I can help in any way

It's great that you found somewhere that works for you, but there is nothing wrong with exploring other options. Many people make successful aliyah to other communities.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:49 am
I would encourage you to give RBS a chance. There are many many schools with a “soft landing” feel for kids and some are easier to get into than others.

Otherwise maybe parts of Jerusalem like Har Nof, Romema, Ramat Eshkol but they might be too charedi.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:03 am
If you are struggling to find schools in RBS I honestly I'm not sure where you'd fit in then.... RBS has a much more extensive types of schools than anywhere else for anglos in between chareidi and dati leumi

Success10

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:22 am
LovesHashem wrote:
If you are struggling to find schools in RBS I honestly I'm not sure where you'd fit in then.... RBS has a much more extensive types of schools than anywhere else for anglos in between chareidi and dati leumi

Yes, very well said. OP, maybe you'd do well in a DL setting? Do you think that would work for you hashkafically? You might have to change the way you do a few things in one direction or the other to make the Aliyah successful.

essie14

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:26 am
Success10 wrote:
Yes, very well said. OP, maybe you'd do well in a DL setting? Do you think that would work for you hashkafically? You might have to change the way you do a few things in one direction or the other to make the Aliyah successful.

And DL schools are all public schools, so the iriya is obligated to place your children in a school so there's no issue of not getting accepted.

nnmom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:32 am
Maybe OP could share the schools in RBS that you are interested in and feel you can’t get in to?
I’d be happy to hear from the imas if there are other schools that are Mamlachti Chareid other than Netzach (I hope I got that classification correct) which has been know to not accept.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 3:17 am
Rechovot, afula, mispeh yircho, ramot bet. These are other anglo communities that have jpf type Americans there.
Nothing exists on the size of rbs though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions