Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby scalp Very very dry

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:27 am
My babys scalp is extremely dry and scaly looking. The dryness extends down onto his forhead too. It doesnt look like cradle cap cause as much as I try removing it with all diff products its back to square one the next morning.

Anyony any experience on how to treat this?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:28 am
How old is your baby? I used almond oil. It seemed to work better than creams.

mfb

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:29 am
Try changing shampoo and see if that helps

teachkids

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:30 am
I just baby oil their head once a day

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:32 am
mfb wrote:
Try changing shampoo and see if that helps

I tried mustella and baby dove and keep switching off to see if I notice a pattern in any of these in making the dryness better it worse. But they both seem to be the same

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:33 am
Iymnok wrote:
How old is your baby? I used almond oil. It seemed to work better than creams.

Baby is 3 months old.
Almond oil just massaged into the head for moisture or I try removing the dryness?

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:40 am
My child had cradle cap extending down the forehead. My pediatrician told me to use dandruff shampoo. After a couple of times it was gone and didn't come back

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:42 am
amother Chambray wrote:
My child had cradle cap extending down the forehead. My pediatrician told me to use dandruff shampoo. After a couple of times it was gone and didn't come back

How do u determine if its cradle cap or dryness?
Also you used the shampoo and rubbed off the cradle cap too or just used the shampoo and it went away?

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:00 am
amother OP wrote:
How do u determine if its cradle cap or dryness?
Also you used the shampoo and rubbed off the cradle cap too or just used the shampoo and it went away?

It was a number of year ago, on the forehead I just used shampoo gently, I don't think I scrubbed the cradle cap out of the scalp after washing with shampoo but I don't remember for sure.
As far as cradle cap or dryness, why would dryness extend down the forehead in that pattern only? Is his skin dry everywhere? Personally, I'd try the shampoo a couple of times to rule out cradle cap, if it works then great. If you see no improvement then no harm done and try moisturizing.
As far a dryness when one of my newborns (within first week) was dry and very skin was very peeling the pediatrician gave me Aveeno nighttime balm. I used that until the peeling skin stopped a week or two later. Put that was on the full body and an unusual presentation in a newborn.

HappyMamma

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:23 pm
I would put the baby Vaseline and a hat and let it sit there for a nice while before bathing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics