Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Tough poultry from specific store

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:08 pm
I shop in bingo and occassionally in other groceries. I notice at time my chicken cutlets and ground chicken is very tough, no matter what I do. even if I'm making the same recipe as other times. it seems weird.
what can it be? can it be that certain stores have tougher meat?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
I shop in bingo and occassionally in other groceries. I notice at time my chicken cutlets and ground chicken is very tough, no matter what I do. even if I'm making the same recipe as other times. it seems weird.
what can it be? can it be that certain stores have tougher meat?

Bingo's meat & poultry are very tough. You get what you pay for.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:22 pm
I don't buy poultry in Bingo- it's very tough.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:41 pm
I had this too. Not worthwhile.

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:49 pm
Bingo sells Birdsboro chicken and meat which is grass fed . Grass fed will yield tougher meat .

Last edited by amother on Tue, Feb 06 2024, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:56 pm
Highstrung wrote:
Bingo sells Birdsboro chicken and meat which is grass fed . Grass fed will yield tougher meat .

What are animals in other farms fed? Is grass fed healthier?

Highstrung

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 3:04 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
What are animals in other farms fed? Is grass fed healthier?

Other animals are fed grain . They are in mass warehouses where they are stuffed with food. Grass fed means they roam outdoors and feed themselves as needed .
(I got this education from my DS who raises chickens)
My FIL a”h worked in the shechita for Birdsboro and I know they were the suppliers of meat and chicken for Bingo. Don’t know if it still is since my FIL passed away so I’m out of the loop.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 3:15 pm
Highstrung wrote:
Other animals are fed grain . They are in mass warehouses where they are stuffed with food. Grass fed means they roam outdoors and feed themselves as needed .
(I got this education from my DS who raises chickens)
My FIL a”h worked in the shechita for Birdsboro and I know they were the suppliers of meat and chicken for Bingo. Don’t know if it still is since my FIL passed away so I’m out of the loop.

Yes, their meat & chicken are still from birdsboro.

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 3:24 pm
interesting.

I thought tougher means farm/grain fed, inferior quality.

what hechsher does the bingo poultry have?

amother
White

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 3:25 pm
Yes, their meat & chicken are still from

birdsboro.

Birdsboro Kosher Farms Corp. ignores Department of Labor sanctions
WASHINGTON – A federal court has found Birdsboro Kosher Farms Corp. in contempt for failing to pay $162,359 in penalties after an inspection by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration found numerous safety hazards, including willful, serious and repeat violations.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit’s Oct. 19, 2022, decision is the latest legal action spurred by two separate 2016 safety and health inspections at the Birdsboro, Pennsylvania, poultry processing facility. The inspections led OSHA to issue citations for violations related to federal lockout/tagout, hearing conservation and personal protective equipment standards.

The company contested the citations with the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission. Following a full hearing on the citations’ merits, an administrative law judge affirmed the initial citations in a Sept. 23, 2019, decision that became the commission’s final order on Oct. 22, 2019. Birdsboro Kosher Farms petitioned the U.S. Court of Appeals for review, and the Secretary of Labor filed a cross-application for enforcement.

“OSHA’s safety and health standards protect workers and ensure their jobs don’t expose them to needless risks,” said Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh. “Employers who ignore their responsibility to provide a safe work environment or who deny their legal obligations will be held to account by the U.S. Department of Labor.”

In December 2020, the Court of Appeals denied Birdsboro’s petition for review and granted the Secretary’s cross-application for enforcement. The court ordered Birdsboro Kosher Farms to abate any unabated violations from the citations, submit abatement documentation to OSHA, and pay the remaining penalties.

Birdsboro ignored the court’s order, failing to pay the penalties or provide abatement certification. A subsequent OSHA inspection revealed violations of some of the same standards underlying the court’s 2020 order and enforcement decree.

In response, the Secretary of Labor filed a petition on March 18, 2022, for judgment of civil contempt. The court granted the petition and ordered Birdsboro to pay the outstanding penalties of $162,369 plus interest and fees or agree to a payment plan, and certify abatement of the violations, all within 20 days. Failure to comply will subject Birdsboro to sanctions the court deems necessary to compel compliance with its judgment.

“The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit has reaffirmed that Birdsboro Kosher Farms’ actions violated federal law,” said Solicitor of Labor Seema Nanda. “The Department of Labor will continue to use every resource available to ensure workers are safe on the job, including holding employers accountable when they violate laws intended to protect workers.”

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:52 pm
Bingo's meat & poultry are very tough. You get what you pay for.

why - you get what you pay for?

if its tougher cos its grass fed - you are getting better quality.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:35 pm
wow, this is fascinating. I thought I made it up in my head. I buy poultry and freeze and take out as needed. I'm never sure if it's from bingo or not but that is my main grocery so I took a wild guess. it took a year to make the connection.
and hear I thought I was suddenly cooking badly.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:54 pm
Grass fed and grain finished seems to be best.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:55 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
interesting.

I thought tougher means farm/grain fed, inferior quality.

what hechsher does the bingo poultry have?

Skvere (New Square)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics