Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Slight burn on tablecloth

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:21 am
Unfortunately a lit match flew and landed on my Shabbat tablecloth and left a small burn mark I wonder if anyone has ever had this and were you able to get it out somehow? I'm not sure about the exact material it's made out of water resistant material on the surface

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:08 pm
I'm bumping this

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:15 am
Use a cotton swab to apply hydrogen peroxide--yes, the stuff you use for cleaning cuts--directly to the scorch mark Leave the peroxide in place until you see the mark fade, then rinse thoroughly. You may need to repeat. Peroxide is a mild bleach, gentler than chlorine bleach. If the cloth is white, you can do the same with chlorine bleach instead of peroxide.

Just be aware that removing the scorch may leave a hole in the cloth, depending on whether just a thin bit was burned on the surface or if the burn went deeper into the material.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:23 pm
Thank you!
Do I need to make sure it's all gone before washing it? Or can I try again after washing?

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:03 am
You can wash it first. Washing won't hurt anything.

And remember to thank the KBH that a small scorch mark on the tablecloth was all that happened.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry