Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
ISO lasagna recipe BUT

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:21 am
There are a few requirements Wink
- no preboiling noodles so I'm looking for instructions on the amount of liquid that would be necessary
- not too many kinds of cheese
- ideally ingredients on the cheaper end
Looking for instructions/amounts for 9×13 as well as for smaller pans
Bonus question LOL please share if you have ways to incorporate more veggies that are inconspicuous
Thank you!

gdgirl

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:23 am
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/best-lasagna

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:26 am
Thank you! I'm a newbie so I have a few questions
1. What would I need to change is using not "oven ready" lasagna noodles?
2. How does one go about freezing, defrausting?, and reheating?

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:31 am
I really dont like the texture of no boil noodles but hate the boiling so I learned this trick from Ina Garten where you take a regular box of noodles and soak them in boiling hot tap water until the noddles are pliable. It takes around 20 minutes and I think it comes out much better.

Then I make any lasagna recipe that looks interesting to me with those noodles.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:32 am
This recipe is adapted from a Kosher.com recipe and is a favorite. Easy and delicious.

Main ingredients
-1 box Oven Ready Lasagne Noodles (you need only 12)
-2 eggs
-1 cup ricotta cheese (I used cottage cheese)
-1 (8-ounce) bag shredded mozzarella cheese (I used muenster, estimated amount)
-6 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, completely drained (I used fresh, chopped)
-26 ounces Tuscanini Marinara Sauce (I used Shoprite, 24 oz)
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a nine- by 13-inch pan and set aside.
2.In a medium-size bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, spinach, and half the shredded mozzarella cheese.
3.Pour a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the pan, just to cover.
4.Place three uncooked noodles on top of sauce. Spread a third of the spinach-cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Pour some sauce on top to cover the cheese mixture. Repeat layers two additional times. Top with a final layer of noodles, sauce, and remaining mozzarella cheese.
5.Pour water around edges of the noodles. The water should come about three-fourths of the way up the sides of the noodles in the pan. Cover tightly and bake for one hour and 15 minutes.

paperflowers

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:39 am
I use regular lasagna noodles and I don't preboil them first. You just need a small amount of water on the sides so they don't burn.

My most basic lasagna: spread small amount of tomato sauce on bottom of 9/x13. Lay down 3 lasagna noodles. layer of sauce. layer of shredded cheese. Noodles, sauce, cheese. 3-4 rounds of that. a bit of water on the sides of the pan (like a centimeter maybe?) Bake covered for one hour at 400 degrees. This will be yummy, but rather flat.

A little fancier, I will do cottage cheese and shredded cheese. This is what I do most of the time.

I'm not good at hiding veggies, you can always see them. I sometimes throw some frozen chopped broccoli into one of the middle layers. If I really have time on my hands I will sauté veggies (onions, chopped carrots, maybe celery or zucchini), mix in marinara sauce, and use that as the sauce for all the layers. This is very yummy.

peace2

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:45 am
I've used oven ready noodles and regular noodles interchangeably. I pour a little bit of milk into the corners of the pan
Layers of noodles, marinara, cottage cheese, sprinkle a bit of shredded cheese.
I add 1 egg and a tablespoon each of garlic salt and sriracha to the cottage cheese but you can skip to make it easier for yourself.
Top layer- noodles, marinara, shredded cheese. I bake covered at 350 for an hour and then uncovered for 1/2 hour so the top gets cripsy but you can leave covered the whole time if you don't like crispy cheese

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:55 am
Wow this is so helpful! Thank you!

Any tips about meal prepping it/freezing?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:56 am
Also how do I convert the temp and bake time with smaller pans?

peace2

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Wow this is so helpful! Thank you!

Any tips about meal prepping it/freezing?

I freeze it fully cooked. Take it out of the freezer and put it straight into the oven or it'll get soggy as it defrosts. It takes about 45 min-hour to warm fully on 350

peace2

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Also how do I convert the temp and bake time with smaller pans?

I often make 2 9 in square pans instead of a 9x13 and freeze one. Baking temp and time the same

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:59 am
mha3484 wrote:
I really dont like the texture of no boil noodles but hate the boiling so I learned this trick from Ina Garten where you take a regular box of noodles and soak them in boiling hot tap water until the noddles are pliable. It takes around 20 minutes and I think it comes out much better.

Then I make any lasagna recipe that looks interesting to me with those noodles.

How is that easier than just boiling the noodles, which takes like 10-12 min total?

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:01 pm
I hate the slippery noodles, the boiling the water, needing to boil in batches. This, I just fill up a pyrex with super hot water and let the noodles soak while I make the filling.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:03 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I hate the slippery noodles, the boiling the water, needing to boil in batches. This, I just fill up a pyrex with super hot water and let the noodles soak while I make the filling.

And no pot to wash!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen