Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Left kugel out overnight

jmom18

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:07 pm
I took out my kugel last night and left it to cool, with the plan of putting it into the fridge when I go to bed. But I forgot, and it was left out overnight. I put it into the refrigerator right when woke up in the morning. Can I still use it?

bargainlover

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:09 pm
I would totally use it

jmom18

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:16 pm
bargainlover wrote:
I would totally use it

Thanks! Really didn’t have patience to cook a new one Wink

cindyh

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:20 pm
I do that intentionally sometimes. I don't think a boiling hot kugel can spoil in 8 hours....
My husband thought he was being helpful last night and took out my chicken soup, and a frozen container of chopped liver from my freezer. He said he was gonna put it in the fridge but he forgot. My mom says it's probably fine. It was room temperature... think it's safe to eat?

L25

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:22 pm
I think you'll get both sides...
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....ouldn't%20eat%20it.

jmom18

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:22 pm
cindyh wrote:
I do that intentionally sometimes. I don't think a boiling hot kugel can spoil in 8 hours....
My husband thought he was being helpful last night and took out my chicken soup, and a frozen container of chopped liver from my freezer. He said he was gonna put it in the fridge but he forgot. My mom says it's probably fine. It was room temperature... think it's safe to eat?

Soup wouldn’t worry abt especially if it was frozen. Liver is more sensitive, but if it’s bad you’ll feel it right away when you taste it. It’s most probably good too.

missknowitall

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:12 pm
cindyh wrote:

No both those foods spoil fast. Being that it reached room temperature it’s definitely not safe.

missknowitall

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:14 pm
Kugel doesn’t take long to cool. The truth is it is likely spoiled. You can’t know by smell or taste and baking/cooking doesn’t kill the bacteria that will make everyone sick. Should you use it, no. Do people serve spoiled, yes. Is it worth risking food poisoning, no.

observer

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 2:07 pm
I would use the kugel.

West End Tova

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 6:47 pm
jmom18 wrote:
I took out my kugel last night and left it to cool, with the plan of putting it into the fridge when I go to bed. But I forgot, and it was left out overnight. I put it into the refrigerator right when woke up in the morning. Can I still use it?

How warm is your kitchen? If it's very warm, I might not use it - one less thing to worry about.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes