Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kids clothes
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Dandelion

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 2:27 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Can anyone explain -
No judgment just asking -
Don’t we need minimum 4 Shabbos outfits - for the 4 YT days of Succos/Simchas Torah? (5 if there is also a Shabbos Chol HaMoed?)
Or do people do laundry?

And ditto re Pesach?

It’s the time of year when they get new clothes, plus wear the old ones.

Also , I live in Israel Smile

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:34 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:

Target, children's place, Walmart, once upon a child, local children's clothes exchange, hand me downs. It definitely takes time, but I shop online sales while doing bedtime, the children's clothing exchange is once a year, and I go to once upon a child every 2-3 months to see what I can find

emee2

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:56 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
Target, children's place, Walmart, once upon a child, local children's clothes exchange, hand me downs. It definitely takes time, but I shop online sales while doing bedtime, the children's clothing exchange is once a year, and I go to once upon a child every 2-3 months to see what I can find

What is the children’s clothing exchange?

SuperWify

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 4:26 am
Shabbos- 3/4 new if nothing from last year fits. 1 of them matching.
Weekday- 4 matching in the summer (2 in the winter) and about 6-8 others.

I buy on sale from last season for pesach and then shop again in the early summer once things are on sale because I find little kids change sizes usually.

My oldest at 7, only needs 1 new fresh Shabbos and few weekday because lots fit him from last year.

wanttobehappy

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 5:57 am
I have only one princess… we don’t put a cap on anything…. Everything I like that is reasonable priced I buy… I loooove dressing her up.. she has over 10 shabbous 20+ weekday 5+ robes 10+ pairs of shoes… I have been waiting to dress a little sister all my life and didn’t get to… enjoying every minute of it… we can easily afford it and she has a few closets with tons of things for the next season. I buy a lot on sale for the next year. We don’t use some of it… but that is so ok… I have a few sisters who have girls after me so it all gets passed down and they are happy it get it… some have a hard time buying so it feels good to give… I have that in mind when buying… I am worried about spoiling her… she isn’t a brat at all bh. Bh. I do. Make her work or for every prize

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 6:40 am
emee2 wrote:
What is the children’s clothing exchange?

There's a large community near me where they collect everyone's good condition used clothes in the summer, sort and organize, and then the community is invited to come "shop" and fill a garbage bag per kid for $10. The first few days are reserved for people who really need it, and anything left at the end is donated to israel.
It's a great model.

emee2

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 7:03 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
There's a large community near me where they collect everyone's good condition used clothes in the summer, sort and organize, and then the community is invited to come "shop" and fill a garbage bag per kid for $10. The first few days are reserved for people who really need it, and anything left at the end is donated to israel.
It's a great model.

This sounds amazing! What do they do with the money raised?

kenz

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 7:13 am
I don’t have a shita regarding clothes shopping and how many pieces per season other than to try to avoid spending too much. For little ones I stock up at end of yesr sales at places like Gap, Kidichic and Petit Clair, so they end up with quite a bit of clothing, which works for me in terms of laundry. I don’t want to realize at 10 pm that someone doesn’t have anything to wear the next day.
For bigger ones, they’re old enough to know when they need or want something. None of us are into designer labels and none of us enjoy clothes shopping so I don’t have to worry about anyone getting carried away. Some have weaknesses for jackets or shoes but as long as they don’t get carried away I don’t have a problem with that. Sometimes they have to decide whether to pay for it themselves or do without.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 7:20 am
emee2 wrote:
This sounds amazing! What do they do with the money raised?

It's donated along with the extra clothing to yad Leah to cover shipping costs.

One of the shuls donates the simcha room during the 9 days when it's empty anyway and it's staffed by volunteers.
Worth trying to start it in your community!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 7:41 am
amother Lilac wrote:
I buy much more honestly. I think there’s 2 schools of thought: less, but each is more expensive. Or more and each is less expensive. I’ve always been the latter. I like variety. To wear the same 2 shabbos outfits for 6 months sounds awfully boring to me. Fwiw I don’t buy frum fashion. They probably have 6 or more shabbos dresses/outfits. Everyday: the ones in uniform have 4-6 Sunday outfits. Younger ones have more lien 8-12. We do laundry once a week and I hate being a slave to it.

Or a third option: less and still less expensive.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 7:46 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Can anyone explain -
No judgment just asking -
Don’t we need minimum 4 Shabbos outfits - for the 4 YT days of Succos/Simchas Torah? (5 if there is also a Shabbos Chol HaMoed?)
Or do people do laundry?

And ditto re Pesach?

Yes of course I do laundry for kids chol hamoed.

And older children can usuall rewear a dress no problem.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:23 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Or a third option: less and still less expensive.

And apparently a fourth option: more and more expensive

realsilver

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:27 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Just wanna say that sites like pastel sale section and petit rack are cheaper than H&M many times and a lot cuter and better fabric. 80% of my kids’ wardrobe is covered between those two.
With the exception of my tween who can’t be seen in last years styles. Aliexpress is great for her.

thank you for posting this, I just got an adorable tshirt on petit rack- and I managed to find matching. Smile

Can you add any other websites that have good sale sections?

giftedmom

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:33 pm
realsilver wrote:
thank you for posting this, I just got an adorable tshirt on petit rack- and I managed to find matching. Smile

Can you add any other websites that have good sale sections?

Happy to hear! I’m signed up on lilegs emails. They have great flash sales but you need to buy then because after they go back to regular price.
Most websites have sale sections
Pompomme
Ellelle
Whoopi
Coco blanc
Etc.
Then there’s https://www.toetallysale.com/ but they’re not always active.

Crookshanks

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 10:31 pm
wanttobehappy wrote:
I have only one princess… we don’t put a cap on anything…. Everything I like that is reasonable priced I buy… I loooove dressing her up.. she has over 10 shabbous 20+ weekday 5+ robes 10+ pairs of shoes… I have been waiting to dress a little sister all my life and didn’t get to… enjoying every minute of it… we can easily afford it and she has a few closets with tons of things for the next season. I buy a lot on sale for the next year. We don’t use some of it… but that is so ok… I have a few sisters who have girls after me so it all gets passed down and they are happy it get it… some have a hard time buying so it feels good to give… I have that in mind when buying… I am worried about spoiling her… she isn’t a brat at all bh. Bh. I do. Make her work or for every prize

More paragraphs and less ellipses please
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics