Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Please explain the difference between -lace top & lace front

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 10:57 pm
How does each one look on your head?

amother
Red

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 11:43 pm
Lace top I think is a full lace where the part is. Lace front is just lace at the bangs.

Assuming a good quality wig, both are nice but a lace top is more natural I guess?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 4:17 am
So a lace front is not as natural looking?
Can you tell when someone is wearing a lace front?

ray family

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 4:20 am
I can. You see a line between the lace ends and the rest of the cap begins.
and I’m not a sheital maven whatsoever

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 6:24 am
amother OP wrote:
So a lace front is not as natural looking?
Can you tell when someone is wearing a lace front?

It depends on how well the lace front was sewn on if you will see a connection or not. I’ve done it where you can barely tell that it’s a lace front and not a top.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:05 am
Is it obvious when a person is wearing a lace top as opposed to a non lace shaitel?

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:20 am
amother OP wrote:
Is it obvious when a person is wearing a lace top as opposed to a non lace shaitel?

No, it’s not. They potentially look the same. It depends on the shape of your head, how it’s constructed, and how it’s styled. Sometimes if it’s done poorly it’s obvious. If you get top quality you can’t tell.
(This is the reason rabanim haven’t differentiated between them in choosing to ban one or the other. They treat them both equally.)
I can’t tell you if you want more or less natural, either way you need to go to a Sheitel macher and try them on to get the results you’re looking for.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:20 am
amother OP wrote:

Yes. I have to lace fronts and one is really well done people assume it's a lace top wig.
But there is an obvious difference between lace and non lace

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:34 am
Thank you for the explanation.

I’m asking because although I have never worn a lace wig, my shaitel macher suggested a lace front to cover up my widow’s peak. She is trying to explain that after she sews in extra hair (wisps/bangs) she will remove the lace and it will be hard to see that it’s a lace front.
Yes, I do wish that I can see the finished product or be able to try on something similar. I really don’t understand how it will look.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for the explanation.

I’m asking because although I have never worn a lace wig, my shaitel macher suggested a lace top to cover up my widow’s peak. She is trying to explain that after she sews in extra hair (wisps/bangs) she will remove the lace and it will be hard to see that it’s a lace front.
Yes, I do wish that I can see the finished product or be able to try on something similar. I really don’t understand how it will look.

Maybe I got poor quality but my lacetop doesnt solve my widows peak issue. I keep having to pull it down to cover it.

happy7

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:48 am
Cutting the lace so you don’t see the lace is bad advice. You need some extra lace to keep the shaitel on your forehead. (I have full lace top and so does my daughter. With lining as per our community standard.)
When you have a lace front customized, the hair should completely cover your widow’s peak. BUT, the lace is NOT cut in the shape of the widow’s peak. It is cut LONGER than the widow’s peak. You need even more lace against your forehead. The lace frays. Even the best quality. And if you don’t leave any extra, you won’t be able to do any trimming or repairs. You will have to replace the lace when it frays which is about $450. I had it done and so have my friends. It’s really expensive to maintain a lace wig.

It seems you are missing info here…
If you are not in a community that is wearing lace, a lace front is probably not suggested either.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 10:10 am
happy7 wrote:
Cutting the lace so you don’t see the lace is bad advice. You need some extra lace to keep the shaitel on your forehead. (I have full lace top and so does my daughter. With lining as per our community standard.)
When you have a lace front customized, the hair should completely cover your widow’s peak. BUT, the lace is NOT cut in the shape of the widow’s peak. It is cut LONGER than the widow’s peak. You need even more lace against your forehead. The lace frays. Even the best quality. And if you don’t leave any extra, you won’t be able to do any trimming or repairs. You will have to replace the lace when it frays which is about $450. I had it done and so have my friends. It’s really expensive to maintain a lace wig.

It seems you are missing info here…
If you are not in a community that is wearing lace, a lace front is probably not suggested either.

She is saying that she can completely remove the lace if I want. I really don’t understand enough. No, most people here do not wear lace wigs. I was hoping this idea of a lace front would give me better coverage, look nice and it wouldn’t give the real natural lace front look. Especially since I’m a little older and not very stylish I don’t think people would think that this is what I’m wearing…
You are right. I’m missing information and not completely understanding. That’s why I came here to ask… before I spend so much money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels