Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach desserts- beautiful individual servings

DVOM

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 6:42 am
I'm making a Pesach Kiddush and need ideas 😌.

Our regular Pesach cakes are yummy, but not pretty or fancy, and wouldn't translate well to individual portions.

teachkids

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 6:50 am
Buy the nice cups and make pesach trifle.

I had a chocolate role recipe at one point. If you make it small it should slice into nice finger slices.

Cut up fruit and veggies mostly though.

DVOM

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 6:52 am
teachkids wrote:
Buy the nice cups and make pesach trifle.

I had a chocolate role recipe at one point. If you make it small it should slice into nice finger slices.

Cut up fruit and veggies mostly though.

Chocolate roll sounds beyond my skill level, but mini trifles I think I can pull off!

Recipes please!

WhatFor

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 6:58 am
You can do chocolate mousse, or ambrosia/fruit with whipped cream.
You can also make platters with nice macaroons (I love the pistachio and orange or rocky road from manishewitz). Or if you find klp macarons. (I've heard of people who can make their own macarons, but I've never even considered looking at a recipe.)

DVOM

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:01 am
I have a lovely but very difficult chocolate mousse recipe.

Any other mousse recipes?

Ambrosia is a great idea!

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:04 am
DVOM wrote:
Chocolate roll sounds beyond my skill level, but mini trifles I think I can pull off!

Recipes please!

Chocolate roll was pretty easy. Basically it's a sponge cake baked flat and then chocolate filling made of whip and cocoa. I can't find the recipe now

Trifle - just pesachize any normal recipe.

zoom

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:07 am
I have a really good choc coconut squares recipe.

Iv never tried making it for pesach but it only has a few tbsp of flour in so it would probably work to sub with potato flour.

zoom

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:11 am
Chocolate Coconut Sandwich Cake

This delightfully light and sweet chocolate and coconut cake is a special and pretty treat to end any festive meal. Egg whites give the cake a real lift!

Ingredients
6 eggs, separated
1 and 1/2 cups sugar, divided
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons Gefen Cocoa
1 tablespoon coffee, dissolved in drop of hot water
3 tablespoons (heaping) Mishpacha Flour
2 teaspoons Gefen Vanilla Sugar
1 and 1/2 cups shredded coconut

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; slowly add one cup of sugar, continuously beating until stiff and glossy. Set aside.

In a medium-size bowl, whip together egg yolks and half a cup sugar; add oil, cocoa, coffee, flour, and vanilla sugar.

Place seven tablespoons of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture. Add coconut to remaining whites.

Spread half of the chocolate mixture on the bottom of a nine-inch round pan.

Spread whites on top of chocolate layer. End with remaining chocolate mixture.

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.

I always do in flat sheet cake tins.
Because its so light it goes soo quick!

From Kosher.com/Dining in.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:20 am
DVOM wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of patience and therefore experience with making complicated desserts. Just with eating them.

Someone once posted something from this site, which I bookmarked because it has a lot of gluten free in it (not all) and we have gf relatives. They look really really beautiful, but whenever I thought of making anything it felt like too much work. Really really beautiful stuff in there if you have the patience (and klp ingredients) though.

This is the site

https://msshiandmrhe.com/category/dessert/

Like just one example, this looks like it could be made really classy and beautiful. But click around through their desserts.
https://msshiandmrhe.com/sugar-glass/

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:23 am
For my sons chol hamoed bo byom in my house I made pesach blondies on a sheet pan (so a bit thinner) then punched out circles, and layered with ice cream, chocolate sauce and brownie crunch.

To be honest ive used served a chmetz version during the year.

I have some other ideas too. Do you have any food restrictions?

Success10

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:30 am
What about Bas Hinda's Chocolate Torte? Maybe sliced into squares and arranged in pretty muffin liners with confectioners sugar or fruit on top?

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:48 am
DVOM wrote:

I always make two ingredient chocolate mousse for Pesach. It's easy and quick and relatively healthy as far as desserts go. It basically involves melting chocolate together with water and then whisking it to a mousse like consistency over a bowl of ice water. It comes together in about five minutes, is rich and decadent so you only need to prep small portion and can be topped with berries, nuts whip etc. I don't remember exact quantities but if you do a search for two ingredient chocolate mousse you should find it quickly.
It has worked for me every time, some friends that I gave the recipe to required a couple of trial runs before they got it right.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:08 am
Here are some from that site that I'd love to make one time: I only clicked on those that looked pareve no flour, and no ice cream so it can't melt.

This papaya slice looks beautiful (it's called milk but uses coconut milk):
https://msshiandmrhe.com/papaya-milk-jelly/

These chocolate orange slices look like they can easily be made with pareve chocolate:
https://msshiandmrhe.com/chocolate-orange/

These meringue cookie pops look like they can be made classy (see the flower on the bottom in the first picture). You can use plain sticks instead of the cookie sticks (or if you can find klp sticks).

https://msshiandmrhe.com/meringue-cookies/

These candied fruit slices might be a nice idea (without actually creating a tree)

https://msshiandmrhe.com/tanghulu-tree/

If you want to make a bunch of brownies in ramekins:

https://msshiandmrhe.com/brownie-in-a-mug/

This looks gorgeous if you use cornstarch:

https://msshiandmrhe.com/coconut-jelly/

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:11 am
I make a two ingredient mousse and fill individual shot glasses before freezing.
I buy pareve frozen whipped topping, let it defrost, and combine it with a packet of chocolate pudding (don't prepare either of them separately before hand). You can also do two toned with vanilla pudding and top with chopped nuts or blueberries.
Elegant and as easy as they come.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:22 am
Mousse cups definitely -
Chocolate cake, chocolate mousse (whip with some chocolate pudding powder/melted chocolate/chocolate spread added),. Whip cream
Strawberry shortcake - vanilla cake, whip (with or without vanilla pudding added), and strawberry layer (I think bais yaakov cookbook 2 has a recipe that you can probably use or adapt or just add defrosted strawberries to whip)

Also, basic cookies with chocolate drizzled on top can look very nice

The good thing about pesach is that people expect simpler and are ok with anything. Know that fewer people definitely eat. My parents made a bris for my sibling last pesach and very little was eaten. Between different minhagim, no missing. Etc.... maybe have some store bought for those who may makpid, fruit and nuts.. think bananas or clementines for those who only eat peeled and possibly not from others homes....

Mazal tov! Lots of nachas! May it be a beautiful and stress free simcha!

Amarante

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:06 am
I love Rainbow Cookies and there are Pesach recipes

Also merengues can be very pretty

You could make a version of lava cake that is smaller

Here is a picture of a Rainbow Cookie which ironically I posted yesterday on another thread

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:22 am
Mini fruit cups
You can make 3 layer coffee gelatin in mini cups, using plain gelatin. First layer sweetened coffee, 2nd layer sweetened coffee and parve milk, 3rd layer parve milk with vanilla. Just follow package instructions.
Decorate with whip and chocolate espresso beans

Also look on YouTube for mini mousse cups there are lots of flavours. Many have Pesach substitutes.

Is it only dessert. You can do crudite cups as well.

Amarante

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:27 am
Drizzle with chocolate if you like

Forgotten Puffs (Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies)

Excerpt From: Rose Wilson. “150 Yummy Passover Seder Recipes: A Yummy Passover Seder Cookbook You Will Love

Ingredients

2 egg whites
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup miniature chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Direction

Heat the oven to 175 ° C or 350 ° F. Line aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
In a metal or glass bowl, whip egg whites to foam. Slowly put in sugar, keep whipping to form firm peaks. Raise the whisk or beater straight up: egg whites will make sharp peaks. Put in the vanilla extract and mix. Fold pecans and chocolate chips to mixture. Drop on prepped baking sheet by teaspoonful.

Bake for a minute in prepped oven. Switch off the oven and keep baking the cookies while oven cools till crispy and light, about 5 hours to overnight.

Nutrition Information
Calories: 49 calories;
Total Fat: 2.5
Sodium: 4
Total Carbohydrate: 7
Cholesterol: 0
Protein: 0.5”

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 10:23 am
Lemon pie cups.
Make crumbs with almond and potato flour mix. Bake and crumble into bottom of little mousse cups.
Make lemon curd, I use Sally's baking addiction recipe. I don't use Marge on Pesach so I skip it and it's still great.
Top.with either a meringue cream and blowtorch (if using glass cups) or fruit. I like to do pomegranate seeds with blueberries (if you eat peels).
I did this last year and it was gorgeous. I did the meringue cream without torching as it was in plastic cups, I haven't tried it with fruit but I do it as a pie with fruit.
I've tried it for Pesach with an almond crumb, you can do it in minis but it's just more work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics