Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Just curious, until what age do your kids like holding your
Previous  1  2

amother
Chambray

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 11:33 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
Shocked that you stop at 3, how do you cross the street with them?

Obviously its personal. I know healthy 10 year olds who still hold parents hands. I think a 12 year old would be weird but maybe there are extenuating circumstances, like if one of them - the child or the mother was or is sick and they are holding on to the connection kinda thing.

I’m 46. I think I still hold my moms hand if the opportunity arises. And BH both of us are in good health. I don’t think it’s weird for a daughter of any age hold hers moms hand or vice versa

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 12:07 am
My dd7 does
My ds9 doesn't

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:26 am
My sons, aged 9 and almost 8 still occasionally do and I LOVE it. I try to act as nonchalant as possible so that they don't realize that I love it lol. 5yo daughter less into it. 3 yo daughter all the time.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:34 am
amother Chambray wrote:
I’m 46. I think I still hold my moms hand if the opportunity arises. And BH both of us are in good health. I don’t think it’s weird for a daughter of any age hold hers moms hand or vice versa

Good point Applause

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:53 am
amother Chambray wrote:
I’m 46. I think I still hold my mom’s hand if the opportunity arises. And BH both of us are in good health. I don’t think it’s weird for a daughter of any age hold hers moms hand or vice versa

I wish I could hold my father’s hand again 😢

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 12:26 pm
My mom still takes mine sometimes. I hate it but if she wants it, so be it.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 12:33 pm
I still sort of lookout for my (rather absent-minded at times) 15 year old DD when she's crossing the street. Like if I am on the wrong side of the street, and she has to cross against traffic when I'm dropping her off....If I'm crossing a very busy street (blushing now) I probably take hold of her hand. Yikes. I gotta stop this.

I still remember pulling up in front of my grandparents' home in Brooklyn, parking on the other side of the street, and my Bobby would stick her head out the window and call to my mother "don't cross yet" and "you can cross now"....and I used to laugh...and now I'm a mother and I wonder, am I gonna be the same?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics