Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Baby girl Kiddush food and decor ideas

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 8:23 am
I'm pretty low key and not fancy, and same for my community (at least my own friends). But, I would like it to be nice, of course!

1. Food- what are things I can prepare in advance? I don't love baking (but do know how), I don't love patchka'ing, I want to avoid food coloring (but may buy natural type, not sure yet). I have freezer space bH. Oh, and I like easy- not sure that was self understood ;-)

2. Decor- this is not my first girl bH and I'd like to do a different color scheme, but nothing really comes to mind. I've done- pink/brown, purple/silver, hot pink/orange/black and don't remember the last one ... I use paper goods and plastic table cloths, so really not fancy - but I do like colors. I like using fresh flowers as centerpieces. What colors combos can you recommend? If you can link please to inexpensive paper goods - even more appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 8:28 am
Turquoise /lime
Turquoise/silver
Turquoise/pink

Cupcakes freeze well and then you can frost right before. Or dust chocolate cupcakes with confectioners sugar.

Mini Bourekas freeze well and are a great savory option

Crackers with tuna/chumus.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 8:32 am
Pink and gold is beautiful

lukewarmcoffee

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 8:34 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm pretty low key and not fancy, and same for my community (at least my own friends). But, I would like it to be nice, of course!

1. Food- what are things I can prepare in advance? I don't love baking (but do know how), I don't love patchka'ing, I want to avoid food coloring (but may buy natural type, not sure yet). I have freezer space bH. Oh, and I like easy- not sure that was self understood ;-)

2. Decor- this is not my first girl bH and I'd like to do a different color scheme, but nothing really comes to mind. I've done- pink/brown, purple/silver, hot pink/orange/black and don't remember the last one ... I use paper goods and plastic table cloths, so really not fancy - but I do like colors. I like using fresh flowers as centerpieces. What colors combos can you recommend? If you can link please to inexpensive paper goods - even more appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Mazel tov!! Most baked goods can be frozen I think, choco chip cookies, brownies, lemon bundt cake, mocha bundt cake, make mousse put in mousse cups and freeze, cupcakes with frosting, vanilla cake with whipe and strawberries in a little cups, babka bites, cinnamon buns

Anything small and personal is pretty, if you can get those lucite low boxes and line everything up

Decor I love floral! Target has floral plates and stuff I saw recently, check online amazon may also and especially if u use fresh florals as centerpieces its beautiful, get coordinating tablecloths to the plates from a gemach, not sure how fancy ur thinking....
Also butterflies r beau, amazon definetly has butterfly napkins

lukewarmcoffee

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 8:53 am
amother OP wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Never mind dont check target, check amazon for floral stuff and butterfly , theres more classy floral disposable

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 9:50 am
My friend did a baby girl kiddush a few months ago and it was gorgeous. She had something like this from ali for the centerpiece.
https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....om%3A
And the colors were pink, gold, with some green floral. The plates were this pink and green floral with a gold rim. There was some strawberry things for the pink. And she had different sized goblet type vases with different small cookies, pink macaroons and mini rogelach. There was also your cake platters and chocolate mousse and other standard stuff.
Pretty much all cakes and cookies can be done and frozen in advance.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:06 pm
Thanks everyone, ended up with floral. My girls are excited!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics