Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for places suitable for them. USA

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:11 am
An Israeli couple need to move very soon to USA. They are looking for information on areas that will be good for them.
They are in their early 30s, without kids as of now, I don't know if they are planning on staying child free.
She is full Israeli but speaks English. She is from an Ethiopian family so is very dark skin. She didn't grow up very religious, but very mesori.(I think that is the correct term. Any halacha she grew up with is a must to keep). She doesn't cover her hair, wears pants, short sleeves, low necks etc but very careful on her level with Kashrus and lighting candles Friday night, and keeping as much Shabbos as she is aware of.
He grew up in Israel with American parents. Struggled as a young teen and went on a different path to his family. Erasing any Jewish memories until he met his wife. He now keeps to her level. Things like Davening and Shabbos he doesn't remember how to from his childhood.
They are not Anti -chareidy and will put on Kippah/skirt when visiting family if they are asked too.
They are willing to dress differently to fit into a community and would definitely mchazek in yiddishkeit if they meet the correct people to help them. But they are not actively looking for it!

Which area will be good for them?
They have a friend in New Jersey so will start off there but want to find somewhere with a community for them. Doesn't have to be an Israeli community just accepting and a place they can belong too.

Anything written here is not in a bad way but so that you can have an understanding of who they are to help them. They are such a nice couple. I asked them if they would like me to post here and are very happy for all directions of areas they should visit/look into.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:16 am
In NJ, maybe some place more modern/diverse such as:
- Springfield
- West Orange
- Fairlawn

mha3484

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:19 am
Do they want a city or suburb?

momofone613

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:21 am
Fairlawn,
west orange
Teaneck

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:25 pm
Thanks.
Anyone have other ideas?

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:26 pm
UWS
Riverdale

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:28 pm
Teaneck, fair lawn, englewood

UWS, UES, riverdale

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:30 pm
Cincinnati! It's a warm place that embraces everyone!

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:30 pm
What about Florida? Either Miami or Hollywood?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:32 pm
Fairlawn, NJ. Not Teaneck.

mha3484

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:34 pm
If im coming from Israel, Id look into Florida, Arizona, Nevada, Texas. They will like the weather a lot more then NY or NJ.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:36 pm
I think I just heard that Miami has a large Israeli community. I don’t know anything about it.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:21 pm
Sounds like they should look for a chabad shul community with lots of Israelis. North Jersey has some. I’m sure other places do as well.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:26 pm
Tenafly NJ has a large Israeli community. Hostage Edan Alexander is from Tenafly.

mamabird73

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:26 pm
Another vote for Teaneck. Or Fairlawn. Both have shuls (and schools if needed down the line) where they would be accepted and feel comfortable. The only down side is that it's on the more expensive side. Teaneck has more amenities and is large enough that it's in no way judgemental. Fairlawn is less expensive tho. Has a smaller town feel than Teaneck.

aimhabanim

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 4:00 pm
I suggest aventura florida

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 11:15 pm
I highly recommend Linden NJ! Anshe Chesed is a very warm welcoming shul.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 11:42 pm
Las Vegas Nevada. We have a massive israeli population (over 300 Israeli babies born in LV last year alone!) Beautiful accepting community with everything they would need tons of kosher restaurants amenities etc. Rav Moshe Orlewek is the Israeli rav in the community and they have a minyan in the young Israel. They should definitely check it out as a great option.

CPenzias

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 11:49 pm
amother Jade wrote:
I highly recommend Linden NJ! Anshe Chesed is a very warm welcoming shul.

I came here to say that! Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about Linden or Anshe Chesed. I've been living in Linden for almost 10 years

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 11:50 pm
Quote:
Las Vegas Nevada. We have a massive israeli population (over 300 Israeli babies born in LV last year alone!) Beautiful accepting community with everything they would need tons of kosher restaurants amenities etc. Rav Moshe Orlewek is the Israeli rav in the community and they have a minyan in the young Israel. They should definitely check it out as a great option.

Was coming to post literally the exact same thing!!! They sound like they'd do great here
Very warm and accepting low key community
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating