Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Laundry room window

lovemykid!

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 5:45 pm
We’re in middle of framing our house and the laundry room does not have a window. I thought I didn’t care but now I’m having second thoughts. I can try to move it around and add a window but the laundry room will be a weird shape and I will lose some of my sitting area/office area in bedroom. I will put in good strong lighting and a vent for smells/humidity if I don’t have a window but I don’t know if that’s enough. If you do/don’t have a window in your laundry room can you weigh in?

marvinkay

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 5:51 pm
I leave my laundry room window open Always. I have a lot of clothes that hang dry and don’t like smell of wet clothes

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 5:53 pm
nechamala wrote:
I leave my laundry room window open Always. I have a lot of clothes that hang dry and don’t like smell of wet clothes

This
If not you’ll have a musty smell

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 5:54 pm
I don’t have a window in my laundry room and have never even seen a laundry room with a window. You can use a dehumidifier for the wetness but I never do.

mfb

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 5:55 pm
I don’t have a laundry room but I wonder if having and exhaust fan plus a ceiling fan would work?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 6:27 pm
I have a window in my laundry room and have never opened it once. The door to the room stays open to air it out.

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 6:31 pm
I don't have a window in my laundry room and still it's my most used room in the house and I really enjoy it BH.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 6:37 pm
Another vote for have a window in laundry room and have not opened it ever

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:10 pm
I don't have a window. I have a fan in my roof with ducts on my ceiling (bathroom style fan) and loover doors. My laundry room doesn't smell.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:34 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I don't have a window. I have a fan in my roof with ducts on my ceiling (bathroom style fan) and loover doors. My laundry room doesn't smell.

What are loover doors?

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 7:37 pm
No windows in my laundry room. No vents either. Never had musty smells or any issues with moisture.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:14 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
I have a window in my laundry room and have never opened it once. The door to the room stays open to air it out.

Same here! Plus due to local laws there’s a vent on the wall of the laundry room that goes to the hallways so there’s always fresh air circulating

mfb

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:15 pm
amother Fern wrote:
What are loover doors?

Doors that are mad of slats of wood (on a slant so you don’t see in but air can circulate. (Kind of like window blinds)

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:25 pm
mfb wrote:
Doors that are mad of slats of wood (on a slant so you don’t see in but air can circulate. (Kind of like window blinds)

Thank you. So you have half loover or full. I have full.
Eta: KIBY Louvered Wood Painted Plantation Bi-Fold Door | Wayfair
https://www.wayfair.com/home-I......html

lovemykid!

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:04 am
Thanks everyone. Feeling a little better about not having it. Will definitely put in an exhaust fan. I was nervous that it’s gonna be dark and depressing without the natural sunlight. But it seems a lot of people don’t have a window. Bumping for any more opinions. Thanks so much.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry