Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Perfume Help

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 11:46 pm
I would like to give my sons kallah some mini perfumes as a gift.
(Please don’t question if it’s a good gift)
She has never used any yet and is excited to get some.
What brand mini sets are good smells and nice looking bottles?
I would like 2 sets of about 4 types in each.
hoping to spend less than $50 per set.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 11:54 pm
Versace bright crystal

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 11:58 pm
I have a set like this and love 3 out of the 4 scents.

Marc Jacobs 4 Pieces for Women Mini Gift Set, 0.55 Ounce https://a.co/d/5LcoBBh

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:02 am
I also just got this Good Girl by Carolina Herrera for Women 0.24 oz Eau de Parfum https://a.co/d/e4htXEc
It has the coolest bottle, it's in the shape of a high heel. They make mini sets in this collection

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:05 am
https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....61570

HappyMamma

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:07 am
I would say take her to Macy's or another store and find out what types of smells she likes before you buy her a set. You want her to wear them!

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:40 am
I know you said you don’t want suggestions but the first gift my husband gave me was Perfume and I really really really hated to smell and it’s been 25 years and I think that was the last gift that we didn’t pick up together. I like the idea that someone said it to go with her to see what she likes. It could be a really nice outing for the two of you and she will walk out with some scents that she really likes. That way you’ll be giving her the gift that you wanted to give that she’ll be getting some thing that she really likes. I noticed the perfumes smell different on different people. Like the exact same Perfume which sometimes I share between my girls, and I can smell different and all three of us.

singleagain

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:14 am
amother Viola wrote:
I noticed the perfumes smell different on different people. Like the exact same Perfume which sometimes I share between my girls, and I can smell different and all three of us.

I believe this is bc of the way the perfume formula interacts with the body chemistry.

I'm which case, I agree take her to a counter. Especially if she's excited. The last thing you want is for her to be all excited to get this gift and then be disappointed if whatever you get doesn't work due get body chemistry

Also, it might interact with/be affected by other soaps, shampoos and detergents she wears.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:41 am
Can I suggest you just get her 1 or 2?

Even mini ones?

If she has never worn before It may be overwhelming for her.

It can also be hard to differentiate between the scents.

Iv been wearing perfume for years, if Id get 6 to 8 new ones at a time, It would definitely throw me off!

Feel free to ignore my suggestions.
And Mazel Tov for your son!

stardream

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:40 am
amother Viola wrote:
I know you said you don’t want suggestions but the first gift my husband gave me was Perfume and I really really really hated to smell and it’s been 25 years and I think that was the last gift that we didn’t pick up together. I like the idea that someone said it to go with her to see what she likes. It could be a really nice outing for the two of you and she will walk out with some scents that she really likes. That way you’ll be giving her the gift that you wanted to give that she’ll be getting some thing that she really likes. I noticed the perfumes smell different on different people. Like the exact same Perfume which sometimes I share between my girls, and I can smell different and all three of us.

This is exactly why she is giving her a few mini ones. I'm sure at least some will work well and it's not a big deal if others don't get used.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 11:53 am
Thanks for all the suggestions!
I will choose from these
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics