Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Bracha when giving maaser or chomesh
Previous  1  2

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:17 am
amother Coffee wrote:
Is it considered giving chomesh if you give 20% but also get a discount on tuition (like a Kollel discount…)?

Maiser is in the realm of minhag, not Halacha. Therefore you don’t have to be concerned about giving maiser on things like discounts, pre-tax insurance premiums, etc.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:18 am
amother RosePink wrote:
I'm meticulous about Maaser and at times we have seen tremendous bracha. We were BH blessed in able to help many people and organizations.
Lately, all our income streaks have pretty much dried up, we have 3 different sources and each one is another crazy story!
We are in a desperate situation we calculate every penny that I get, even the donations that some kind pope have given we're careful to take off maaser. We can't buy gas or groceries and in pre-foreclosure.
Im so lost!

You need to ask a rav if you are even allowed to give maiser from donations you receive this may be a serious issue.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:19 am
amother Apricot wrote:
But I can’t pay the debts right now, or paying really slowly. Throwing everything at them. So this is only a Bracha For people who are already financially stable?

If you are following daas torah by paying back debts before giving maiser then you will not be “punished” for that!

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:34 am
Delete

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:50 am
zaq wrote:
Nothing is guaranteed. Ever.G-d is not a vending machine.

Ok. Then how do you reconcile this with that we can test hashem with maaser? If the result isn't guaranteed then how can we truly test hashem?

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:04 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Op, if you don't mind me adding, is it guaranteed? Meaning I'm sure their are people that give a chomesh and saw bracha. Are there people that give a chomesh and don't see bracha?

There's plenty of people that don't give maaser and see financial success.

There is a promise if u give a chomesh you'll hv ashirus. My husband was just showing it to me a week or two ago but I can't find it.

ETA: it also said s/t abt those w/ bitachon get it. So you must believe.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:09 am
amother Apricot wrote:
I have a ton of debt but I want this Bracha too. We aren’t making it month to month. Am I allowed to give if I am in debt?

I doubt you can borrow money to give to tzedaka, but you can do things with your time instead, like volunteer or other acts of chessed and tell Hashem to please accept it as if its ur maaser, and you pledge to give maaser as soon as its relevant to you. Even something small like straightening up the siddurim and chumashim in shule after davening, or babysitting for someone in need, or visiting a sick/elderly/shut in.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:15 am
amother DarkRed wrote:
I remember hearing that you should take maaser. Then you can give the maaser to yourself if you need the money. It's separating the maaser that needs to be done. Ask your rav to confirm

This is what we were told too.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:24 pm
amother Birch wrote:
There is a promise if u give a chomesh you'll hv ashirus. My husband was just showing it to me a week or two ago but I can't find it.

ETA: it also said s/t abt those w/ bitachon get it. So you must believe.

So are you saying that it is guaranteed? Meaning we won't find people that gave a chomesh and are poor?

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:27 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
So are you saying that it is guaranteed? Meaning we won't find people that gave a chomesh and are poor?

איזהו עשיר השמח בחלקו
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics