Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What age do boys start feeling embarrassed being naked?
Previous  1  2

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 8:55 pm
creditcards wrote:
Where do they go with their bathrobes? Don't they get dressed and undressed in the bathroom?

Most of my kids get dressed and undressed in their rooms. We only have one bath room on the bedroom floor so things run smoother when everyone spends less time in the bathroom.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 9:19 am
My 8yo dd uses the bathroom right off the main family room with the door wide open. Doesn't even register when I tell her she must close the door. Will come out of same bathroom with only a panty on to get a towel for her shower too.
But in a store fitting room, the curtain must be closed to the last inch or she'll hyperventilate that someone might see her. So go know.

behappy2

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 9:33 am
Developmentally 7 is when they start not wanting to be seen without clothes.

However kids with sensory issues or different other issues may not develop this until around puberty

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 9:40 am
It is partially a learned behavior. My son is delayed but notices what others do and picks up on their behavior. He is 7. At 6 he was already talking about tznius. My 12 year old is autistic and likely won't learn until adulthood. We don't focus on it at home. When we go away she knows by now to be careful because we have emphasized it. My 3 year old talks about tznius but doesn't fully understand it. Around 4-5 I expect my kids to wear underwear around siblings and to wear a robe to and from the shower. A big factor is how the adults act.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 10:26 am
It really depends on the child. I have some children who won't be seen partially undressed from age 3 and others who had to be reminded at age 10 to go back into their room till they were dressed.

Some of my "later" ones have adhd and emotional immaturity, so that may be part of it.

For all the judgemental posters who "teach their kids at a young age", yes, we also teach our kids at a young age. For some kids, it's a constant struggle.

And dh and I only walk around the house fully clothed, so no it's not related to that.

Eventually, when bodies started changing, they very quickly became more private.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 10:28 am
amother Salmon wrote:
Don't most people walk around less dressed at home?
Less dressed is not a comparison to being naked at home.

Not everyone, I don't walk around any less dressed, (snood instead of sheitel, crocs instead of shoes, but same coverage)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children