Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Affordable shaitel
Previous  1  2

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:19 pm
Style wigs by Shira, specifically either her pop-up wig tour sales which take place in a few communities but mainly east coast, or her occasional big in-store sales.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:25 pm
Tanya1234 wrote:
Malky knopfler just advertised a wig place that all sheitel’s are $999-1300 called the wig outlet. They sell brand name wigs overstocks. Worth checking them out on instagram. They do pop ups in all locations.

Whats the link or name to search? Couldnt find it

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:32 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
I love my synthetic wigs.

They don't cost nearly that much, last fine if you take care of them nicely, wash in the sink in cold water, using wig shampoo meant for them, press in a towel, air dry on an open wig stand.

Fit is easy - they pull in to be smaller, and you can cut the bands underneath to make it looser or larger. Some come in 'small, medium, large.'

I get them online and give away the ones I don't want.

Don't judge one of these until after the first wash. That 'breaks it in.'

Comb them with a wide, wide tooth comb, gently.

The set is baked in.

Sometimes they can be trimmed, but not usually.

You use a wig cap with them.

But to each her own.

I’d like to buy one. Where can I?

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 1:28 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
Where do you buy them?
Why wouldn't I be able to trim ?
Thanks

I buy mine online. Many different websites are available. Paula Young is one. Vogue Wigs, Wilshire Wigs, Light In the Box. Lots of others.

There are stores that sell them, but I don't use them.

You can certainly trim them. It's just my opinion that it doesn't work well but maybe sometimes it might. They don't cost a lot, so experiment.

From Light In the Box website, you can get wigs for $25. That's my idea of a good thing.

https://www.lightinthebox.com/......html

When I find one I really like, I buy five of them. They discontinue models, and you might not be able to get it again. With a few of them, there is always one clean and handy.

I never return them. If I don't like one, I might put aside to see if I suddenly like it next year, which has happened. Or I just give it away.

Only use wig shampoo on them. Cold water.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Thu, Feb 15 2024, 2:34 am; edited 3 times in total

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 1:31 am
amother Gladiolus wrote:
I’d like to buy one. Where can I?

I buy mine online. Lots of different websites. Paula Young is one. Vogue Wigs, Wilshire Wigs, Light In the Box. Lots of others.

There are also stores that sell them. A search will turn them up.

From Light In the Box website, you can get wigs for $25. That's my idea of a good thing.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Thu, Feb 15 2024, 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 1:37 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
I buy mine online. Many different websites are available. Paula Young is one. Vogue Wigs, Wilshire Wigs, Light In the Box. Lots of others.

There are stores that sell them, but I don't use them.

You can certainly trim them. It's just my opinion that it doesn't work well but maybe sometimes it might. They don't cost a lot, so experiment.

When I find one I really like, I buy five of them. They discontinue models, and you might not be able to get it again. With a few of them, there is always one clean and handy.

I never return them. If I don't like one, I might put aside to see if I suddenly like it next year, which has happened. Or I just give it away.

Only use wig shampoo on them. Cold water.

Thanks!
Which shampoo is a good 1?
I used to wash my natural ones with baby shampoo
Would that work?

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 1:44 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
Thanks!
Which shampoo is a good 1?
I used to wash my natural ones with baby shampoo
Would that work?

No.

Use a shampoo specially meant for synthetic wigs. I like "Look of Love" but there are others.

Don't use Woolite either.

A search "synthetic wig shampoo" will turn some up.

Cold water. Press in a towel, air dry overnight on an open wig stand. Not a closed styrofoam head, the air must get inside it to dry it. Have a few of those open wig stands.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics