Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
New Oven Help

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:49 pm
Hi, I am replacing my broken oven and am looking for a new one. It's a bit overwhelming how many choices there are out there. I need a single oven with a range. Please share with me any tips you might have.
Here are some of my questions if you could answer that would be very helpful.
Do most people prefer gas or electric and why.
Do glass tops (or that type) stay clean or are they hard to maintain?
Is there any way around a sabbath mode to use oven on Yom tov like any types where you can adjust the temperature in the oven with a knob while the element is either on or off.
Brand preference?
Any other tips or advice would be very helpful. Thank you

nicole81

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 4:05 pm
Definitely gas top. Glass tops don't cook as well imo and are not for chefs. I loved KitchenAid double oven range and I recommend considering it even though you want a single oven because both can be used on sabbath mode which means you can have fresh dairy oven and meat oven meals on pesach and other yt. But I'm sure their single range is great, too.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 4:11 pm
Thank you for your reply, if you use the double oven range doesn't that mean the ovens are smaller?
Also I thought of another question can you use a blech with a gas top?

srbmom

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 4:17 pm
You cannot use a blech on a glass top stove (I know someone that actually had a fire from this) and the glass top also cannot be kashered for Pesach

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 4:41 pm
Gas is my preference if you have that available in your kitchen. Easier to judge heat, kashering is a breeze...
Shabbos mode makes it that you can adjust temperature on YT without changing display...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 7:08 pm
Thank you all for your helpful input. Any other advice welcome Smile

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 7:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you all for your helpful input. Any other advice welcome Smile

https://www.star-k.org/article.....vice/

nicole81

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 8:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for your reply, if you use the double oven range doesn't that mean the ovens are smaller?
Also I thought of another question can you use a blech with a gas top?

You can't use a blech with a glass top and kashering is controversial and can break the glass top if you hold by it.

I switched to glass and I'm looking to switch back once I have the money!

With the double ovens range I had, the dairy (top) oven was slightly smaller. I have a built in now and I love the double still. (It was originally a single and I changed it) I kasher half the time to be pareve. Switching ovens and cooktops has made me certain a double is a necessity and a glass cooktop is a definite no.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen