Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Anyone know was kosher in Starbucks?? Drinks
Previous  1  2

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:56 am
Don’t take my word for it but I’m pretty sure that a shaken iced espresso is fine. Just check the syrups to make sure they are kosher if using any. And I don’t keep cy so I just get regular milk

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:57 am
This is the latest guidance from the CRC on kosher drinks at Starbucks -

https://consumer.crckosher.org.....3.pdf

And this is from the Star K -

https://www.star-k.org/article.....ucks/

I find the Star K list easier to understand.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:07 am
I was in Starbucks Palisades Mall last week and asked them what drink is Kosher. She told me they cannot guarantee that anything is kosher so I should rather get a bottled drink that's labeled.

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:11 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
I was in Starbucks Palisades Mall last week and asked them what drink is Kosher. She told me they cannot guarantee that anything is kosher so I should rather get a bottled drink that's labeled.

You’d have to go by the star k or CRC info in the link above. The CRC one specifically tells you what specific questions to ask.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:12 am

Of course. They aren’t a kosher establishment. But that doesn’t mean if you do your own homework u can’t get something.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:18 am
amother Jade wrote:
no

They DO exist at Dunkin’.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:20 am
singleagain wrote:
Dunkin' donuts does have refreshers and I know my kosher dunkin' donuts carries them.

Same, but I think mine only has them in the summer.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:24 am
Tea, unflavored . Like Earl Gray, but you can always check to see the box

singleagain

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:25 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Same, but I think mine only has them in the summer.

According to the app, they are available at my store now .

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:47 am
singleagain wrote:
According to the app, they are available at my store now .

Mine too, but I don’t know if they actually are.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:51 am
singleagain wrote:
Dunkin' donuts does have refreshers and I know my kosher dunkin' donuts carries them.

Updated - and yes it's the Dunkin' refreshers that are Kosher, and the starbucks ones aren't. My apologies for mistake, which was mine, not my teens!

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 12:28 pm

Why would you trust a Starbucks employee to tell you what's kosher?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 12:43 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
Why would you trust a Starbucks employee to tell you what's kosher?

I wouldn’t, but in places that have a lot of Jewish foot traffic, the employees are often well versed because they get asked questions frequently.

pause

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:26 pm
I just read somewhere that milk needs a seal. Which means, even if they show you the bottle, it doesn't help unless they are literally opening a new bottle for you. If the bottle was already open, then the hechsher is worthless. Can anyone verify?

singleagain

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:32 pm
pause wrote:
I just read somewhere that milk needs a seal. Which means, even if they show you the bottle, it doesn't help unless they are literally opening a new bottle for you. If the bottle was already open, then the hechsher is worthless. Can anyone verify?

What is the logic behind this? Ppl aren't exactly pouring other things into the milk.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:38 pm
singleagain wrote:
What is the logic behind this? Ppl aren't exactly pouring other things into the milk.

And it also doesn’t make sense to me because you can get a plain coffee with milk at a completely treif place, such as McDonalds. (Not asking about the maras ayin issue.)

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 12:01 am
wow, those links really make it confusing. well, it's clear, but for someone who does't know the difference between one type of coffee and another, I think I would need the list in front of me.
they just opened a starbucks on ave J in flatbush. I think I will avoid it!!

pause

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 8:18 am
singleagain wrote:

Same concept that chicken and meat need two seals. https://oukosher.org/halacha-y.....eals/

I found this discussion about it https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen