Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Samsung Android vs Iphone

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:57 pm
Been using Samsung s10
Wanted airpods with a keyring to attach and only apple has that. Also wanted smaller phone that can fit into pocket. Found iphone se. Good size. Made the switch to apple, got the long wanted airbuds. I noticed on the iPhone that incoming calls are in red and notifications on the icons, as well as voice mail notifications are so much more user friendly that by Samsung! I like that! However, I can't attach a contact from address book in a reply text thread like I used to in Samsung. And well, its just different.
The filter is also better on iphone then Samsung. But I'm wondering other ppls thoughts on comparing the 2. What's important to me is bright camera (my Samsung was better then this iPhone se) and user friendly notifications that I listed, and smaller size.
Im not using for any narrishkeit.
Interested in hearing other people's thoughts.

Eta- meant to say I like the phone notification on icons better on iphone over Samsung, but there's pros and cons to each and I wonder others ppls take

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:43 pm
I'm an android person, and I would always choose Android over Apple for the price point and value. I can't speak for the system and apps, but Android will last you a lot longer. Structurally the galaxy phones are just stronger phones ( my galaxy has fallen down the stairs and onto pavement many times with no issues!) also Apple phones get slow after a year or two and you are forced to buy a new one - if it didn't crack yet!

I know this didn't address your question but this is my take.

Edit - you mentioned the camera, I didn't compare the cameras recently, but the Androids do have fantastic cameras.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:59 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
I'm an android person, and I would always choose Android over Apple for the price point and value. I can't speak for the system and apps, but Android will last you a lot longer. Structurally the galaxy phones are just stronger phones ( my galaxy has fallen down the stairs and onto pavement many times with no issues!) also Apple phones get slow after a year or two and you are forced to buy a new one - if it didn't crack yet!

Edit - you mentioned the camera, I didn't compare the cameras recently, but the Androids do have fantastic cameras.

Yes- I feel the same way about the camera! Interesting cuz it was all the hype that iphones have "the" camera! But I'm not sure anymore

Appreciate ur helpful points
And still looking to hear more

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:05 pm
Personally the only pro I think Apple devices have is the Apple ID, so that you can have multiple devices and still have all your information exactly the same.

Also if you're already getting other Apple devices and use Microsoft for example on a computer, nothing will be compatible. (For example most companies have window devices, so if you work off a Macbook everything will be different)

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:14 pm
I love my iPhone SE. I've had it for a few years already and it's still fast and easy to use.

One downside of it is the lack of SD card, which means that it's internal storage or bust. (I got a larger storage than I needed, but it is catching up to me anyhow over the years.)

OTOH the SE is the most basic pared down iPhone. The camera is way way better than DH's Pixel, but it's nothing like the high end iPhone cameras.

I don't think the Galaxy is considered the low end of Android devices, so it might be an unfair comparison.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:20 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
Personally the only pro I think Apple devices have is the Apple ID, so that you can have multiple devices and still have all your information exactly the same.

Also if you're already getting other Apple devices and use Microsoft for example on a computer, nothing will be compatible. (For example most companies have window devices, so if you work off a Macbook everything will be different)

Good point cuz I use windows

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:21 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
I love my iPhone SE. I've had it for a few years already and it's still fast and easy to use.

One downside of it is the lack of SD card, which means that it's internal storage or bust. (I got a larger storage than I needed, but it is catching up to me anyhow over the years.)

OTOH the SE is the most basic pared down iPhone. The camera is way way better than DH's Pixel, but it's nothing like the high end iPhone cameras.

I don't think the Galaxy is considered the low end of Android devices, so it might be an unfair comparison.

Yes lack of expandable storage is a concern
Unless you keep emptying

Thx for input

Cheiny

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:52 pm
amother Seashell wrote:

Agree.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:54 pm
I’ve tried both and prefer Galaxy.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:55 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I’ve tried both and prefer Galaxy.

And why is that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics