Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What can I make with puff pastry sheets?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:12 pm
All ideas appreciated!

bp1234

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:12 pm
Apple strudel!

smss

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:13 pm
Bourekas- potato, cheese, meat...
Turnovers with cherry/apple/blueberry pie filling
Napoleons
Franks in blanks
Deli roll

Highstrung

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:23 pm
Vegetable turnovers
Potatoe bourekas
Pastrami cabbage knishes

Pillow puffs as a treat or dessert

3x3 squares of puff pastry , bake on cookie sheet

Make a whole or slice in half and fill with :

Whip Topping whipped up , mixed with one Bakers Choice vanilla custard . You can add a drop of vanilla sugar too.

Drizzle tops of “pillow puffs” with melted chocolate or leave it plain.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:08 pm
Pot pie
Franks in blankets
Meat bourekas
Babka straws
Hand pies

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:30 pm
Cubed apples tossed with sugar and cinnamon and a Tbsp of custard is heaven
Also fruit jam and vanilla sugar. Roll and cut into pinwheels. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:41 pm
Babka straws yum 😋

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:50 pm
Deli Roll
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-5983
Mushroom pizza
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-5985
or regular pizza Smile

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:03 pm
Old Bay Cheese Straws

Old Bay Seasoning was invented by a survivor of the concentration camps - completely odd and completely true given its customary use as a "boil" ingredient

https://www.myjewishlearning.c.....ning/

Old Bay Cheese Straws

A touch of crab boil seasoning adds a dose of beachy flavor to the classic cheese straw. These are delicious as an appetizer but also wonderful in place of bread with a salad course or with a creamy shrimp rémoulade.

SERVES 12 ACTIVE 30 MIN. TOTAL 45 MIN.

½ (17.3-oz.) pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
All-purpose flour, for work surface and sprinkling dough
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 oz. Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about ¼ cup)
1 large egg
2 Tbsp. water

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Unfold pastry sheet, and place on a lightly floured work surface. Lightly flour a rolling pin, and roll pastry sheet into a 12- × 8-inch (about ⅛-inch-thick) rectangle with horizontal long edges. Evenly trim edges.

“2. Brush top of pastry all over with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle right half of pastry with 2 teaspoons of the Old Bay seasoning and 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Fold left half of pastry (unsprinkled side) over seasoned half (like closing a book). Lightly sprinkle top of pastry with flour, and roll back out into a 12- × 8-inch rectangle. Brush top of pastry all over with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle right half with remaining Old Bay seasoning and cheese, and fold left half over. Roll into an 8- × 6-inch rectangle.

3. Using a sharp knife, cut pastry lengthwise into ⅓-inch-wide strips; cut strips in half. Loosely twist each strip a couple of times, forming a spiral, and place on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press ends on baking sheet to keep straw from untwisting. Stir together egg and water in a small bowl; lightly brush tops of strips with egg wash.

4. Bake in preheated oven until light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool 1 minute on baking sheets. Using a spatula, gently loosen straws from baking sheet, and serve warm or at room temperature.

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:07 pm
TERIYAKI SALMON BUNDLES

Excerpt From:Taste of Home Farmhouse Entertaining Cookbook

PREP: 30 MIN. • BAKE: 20 MIN. • MAKES: 32 APPETIZERS (¾ CUP SAUCE)

4 Tbsp. reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
½ tsp. grated lemon zest
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 ¼ lbs. salmon fillet, cut into 1-in. cubes
1 pkg. (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
⅔ cup orange marmalade

1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add salmon; toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes.

2. Drain salmon, discarding marinade. Unfold puff pastry. Cut each sheet lengthwise into ½-in.-wide strips; cut strips crosswise in half. Overlap 2 strips of pastry, forming an X. Place a salmon cube in the center. Wrap pastry over salmon; pinch ends to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat. Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes.

3. In a small bowl, mix marmalade and remaining teriyaki. Serve with salmon bundles.

KITCHEN TIP: For extra flair, brush the bundles with an egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds before putting them in the oven. Garnish the dipping sauce with a sprinkling of sesame seeds immediately before serving.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:09 pm
There's a really delicious salmon recipe in Peas Love and Carrots that involves puff pastry.

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:11 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
There's a really delicious salmon recipe in Peas Love and Carrots that involves puff pastry.

My friend once made Coulibiac for a dinner party and it was divine - I still remember how delicious it was and it was more than ten years ago.

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:14 pm
Amarante wrote:
My friend once made Couilabac for a dinner party and it was divine - I still remember how delicious it was and it was more than ten years ago.

Just looked that up. Yes! Petty similar. I think this one may be more of a wellington, but it has a very fancy sounding name. Super easy to make as well. But looking at it, you'd never know Wink

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:19 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Just looked that up. Yes! Petty similar. I think this one may be more of a wellington, but it has a very fancy sounding name. Super easy to make as well. But looking at it, you'd never know Wink

I was going to describe it as a Salmon Wellington but I think it is actually easier to make than Beef Wellington.

I have almost made it once and mapped out prepping the different layers ahead of time to assemble. and it seemed doable.

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:19 pm
Potato knishes

Chicken wellington with broccoli and mushrooms in Ballabuste choice cookbook #1

Hamantashen with diff fillings. Potato, sweet potato, broccoli. Deli. Pulled beef

Last edited by dankbar on Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:08 pm
Deli roll

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:17 pm
pastries such as:
elephant ears
cinnamon sticks

amother