Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Can two numbers go to the same cell phone?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 9:29 pm
Dh is starting a small side business.. He also has a regular part time job. He doesn't really want to carry around two phone but wants to know when he gets a call if it's someone from his job or new business.... Can he have two phone numbers come to one phone? Also would he be able to tell the difference - like know which number each person is calling?

happy chick

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 9:33 pm
You can forward a second number to his regular cell phone. But I don't think you'll be able tell which number the person called when it rings.

Chasidishlitvak

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 9:34 pm
DH uses Google Voice and calls fwd to his cell. He can either see the caller ID or that it is GV (it's a setting you choose.)
If he would have a smartphone, I think they have an app which would do both but not sure.

giftedmom

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 9:39 pm
You can put additional numbers on an iPhone by getting another E-sim

amother
Strawberry

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 9:43 pm
Yes at some point I had a regular sim and an e-sim. Or maybe it was 2 e-sims. Android

relaxation

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 9:57 pm
if the phone has a slot for two sim cards then I beleive he can have two phone numbers , (have to pay two services then) but I am not sure if he would know from where they are calling

alternatively he can create a google voice number which basically is a number that they call and googles uses that number to call his phone so lets say

your phone number is 666-444-3233 and the google voice number is 444-555-7988 , they call the 444 number and the message says please leave your name for google etc... then it will show up on his phone , now their is two ways for it to show up (you can choose)
1- the GV number will show up (444-555-7988) and you wont nec know who it is , but you will know its for business
2 the number of the caller will show up (but you wont know nece for busineess untill you pick up as described next)

when you pick up a GV number it will say "CALL FROM (the name they say when google asks you)

a google voice number is free , just has to be atttached to your email..

hope was somewhat helpful;

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:07 pm
Yes.
My husband did this.
He can tell which number they are calling. I think something comes up on the screen to indicate.
I don’t know how he did it.
I think he called the phone service provider we use and they helped him do it. Or Apple. Not sure the details.

He has an iPhone btw. Not sure if you can do it with all iPhones or all smartphones or what the requirements are.

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:49 am
Yes, I have a second service on my phone thru an app called chalkboard it’s about $15 a month and I’m sure there are other apps like this. It’s so convenient not having to be busy with 2 phones but being able to keep my business calls and texts separate from my personal
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics