Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Zahlers active kids vs teen focus

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:30 am
Both of these products are meant to help kids focus and concentrate. The nutrients and ingredients are very different. Active kids is a chewable, teen focus is capsule.

I'm trying to figure out which would be better for a 14 year old boy.

If anyone has experience with both I would appreciate it!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:35 pm
Bumping in case anyone can share their experience

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:50 pm
The kids one has a bunch of b vitamins that the teen one doesn’t.
It will really depend on what your kid has going on.

I’m personally not a fan of multis unless I already tried each thing individually because you will never know what your kid is reacting to.

But there really isn’t any way of knowing which one is better without trying. The teen focus one seems more of a stimulant, while the kids one seems more calming?

shanarishona

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:51 pm
Zahlers has a nutritionist you can call for advice.

If you can’t find the number you can pm me

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 8:34 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
The kids one has a bunch of b vitamins that the teen one doesn’t.
It will really depend on what your kid has going on.

I’m personally not a fan of multis unless I already tried each thing individually because you will never know what your kid is reacting to.

But there really isn’t any way of knowing which one is better without trying. The teen focus one seems more of a stimulant, while the kids one seems more calming?

Wow, that's really interesting re:stimulunt vs calming. I'm not even sure what my son would need. He has an active mind and I'm curious to try something that would help him buckle down and attend to classwork without constantly letting himself get distracted.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 8:35 pm
shanarishona wrote:
Zahlers has a nutritionist you can call for advice.

If you can’t find the number you can pm me

Google gives me the number for the store in Lawrence. If I call there will I get a nutritionist? I'll try and otherwise I'll pm you. Thanks!

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 8:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow, that's really interesting re:stimulunt vs calming. I'm not even sure what my son would need. He has an active mind and I'm curious to try something that would help him buckle down and attend to classwork without constantly letting himself get distracted.
Sometimes distractibility is understimulated, low dopamine, Ritalin and most Adhd meds are stimulants. But it’s hard to know. Because there can be so many reasons for lack of focus. The truth is that both these supplements have some calming, some supporting and some stimulating factors, and I’m a little scratching my head trying to figure out what they were thinking. Honestly,I would read this book first, it will give you a good idea of the biology behind Adhd, and why and how different interventions work . Otherwise you’re shooting in the dark and with a combo support you’re not going to get a lot of info If it doesn’t work https://www.amazon.com/Finally.....96590

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:17 pm
My 14 yo dd used active kids when she was younger . It was ok, but eventually she despised the taste. When she was around 13, I found teen focus and she really likes it better because there’s no taste, remembers to take it on her own, says she can tell it helps her. She’s also a little older and more mature and I think that settled her a bit too.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:52 pm
following

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:28 am
I came on to post the exact question as op..same details down to 14 year old boy!
Any updates op? Did you try either?
Anyone else have experience with these?

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:34 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
My 14 yo dd used active kids when she was younger . It was ok, but eventually she despised the taste. When she was around 13, I found teen focus and she really likes it better because there’s no taste, remembers to take it on her own, says she can tell it helps her. She’s also a little older and more mature and I think that settled her a bit too.

Same for my 15 y/o DS!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:05 am
amother Wheat wrote:
Same for my 15 y/o DS!

Which part? Prefers teen because of taste?
Did he find the kid one helpful? Less helpful than the teen one?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:05 am
amother OP wrote:
Distractibility is usually a sign of low dopamine so I would sooner choose a stimulant. Similar to how stimulant drugs are used for inattentive adhd.
But if by "active mind" you mean anxious and intrusive thoughts, then he may need something to quiet the noise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children