Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Giving a boss

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:27 am
My husband works in a local institution and his boss lives locally as well. We always bring MM to him but I never know what to bring. He's a pretty wealthy person who gets hundreds of MM and we always feel stupid giving ours. If we spent a lot of money (for us) it would still be nothing like the types he gets from others and the financial effort on our part wouldn't even be appreciated.
Obviously we need to bring him something but what? We're always a bit self conscious. This year I'm asking you ladies for help Smile

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:31 am
So don't spend a lot on it. Give a bottle of wine and a box of chocolate or wafer rolls.

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:32 am
I am the boss's wife.
We get so many fancy MMs from employees and business contacts.
We hate it!
Just bring us your regular MM that you're giving everyone else. Some people do. My husband hates when we get fancy things, especially from employees, he says "why are they spending money on us??" Or don't come to us at all, seriously, we won't care.
(PS 90% of it gets trashed or given away. Or brought back to the office LOL)
Maybe this boss is different, but that's my experience.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:33 am
In my office, we all chip in and send a sushi platter on taanis Esther for after the fast. Some years we add a bottle of wine or whiskey, but mostly just the platter. Been doing this for years.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:23 am
We get many fancy, expensive things from DH workers, and it's a waste of money. Much of it goes to trash or taken to shul.
OP, just give your regular shalach manos or a nice bottle of wine that can be put away for pesach.
We once got a fancy cheese cake, that was really enjoyed by the family.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics