Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
For moms who co-sleep

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:44 am
What time do you go to sleep?
Early to meet baby's schedule?
Late, and baby meets your schedule?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:54 am
amother OP wrote:
What time do you go to sleep?
Early to meet baby's schedule?
Late, and baby meets your schedule?

Could you put baby to sleep in crib and then once baby wakes up then co sleep? That’s what I would do.
Also how old is the baby? Once they’re a couple months old they do well with an earlier bedtime- 7-8 ish range. So keeping up until you go to bed may make them over tired.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:57 am
amother Lemon wrote:
Could you put baby to sleep in crib and then once baby wakes up then co sleep? That’s what I would do.

Thanks for responding. I do often try that but it often takes ages for her to fall/stay asleep in the crib that I'm thinking I might need a new system.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:57 am
Very very very late sadly.
baby goes to bed at regular bedtime (around 7pm) and I try to be ready for bed for the first night feed which is around 11 so I can go to sleep with him

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:59 am
I put my baby to sleep at 7, stay there until baby is asleep. Then I leave baby there until I'm ready for bed. Co sleeping is the BEST!!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:00 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for responding. I do often try that but it often takes ages for her to fall/stay asleep in the crib that I'm thinking I might need a new system.

I would work on tweaking schedule a little so that you can put baby down for atleast the first stretch. You will feel more human and have atleast a little down time before baby wakes up.
Have you tried dimming lights 2 hours before bedtime? Maybe cap last nap? Make bedtime later?

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:17 am
I find it hard to fall asleep initially with baby. DH is able to take baby to another room while I fall asleep and then he puts her in her bassinet. I take her whenever she wakes up after that-whether it's right away or a few hours later. So I guess I'm going to sleep before baby.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:20 am
amother Rainbow wrote:
I put my baby to sleep at 7, stay there until baby is asleep. Then I leave baby there until I'm ready for bed. Co sleeping is the BEST!!

You leave the baby alone in your bed? How old is s/he?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:22 am
How old is the baby. If he rly hates the crib you can try a floor bed but the house will have to be baby proofed if he’s mobile. So you can lay down with him when he falls asleep you can get up and do your thing. He may actually sleep better this way.

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:56 pm
I moved my mattress to the floor not long after the baby was born. I put the baby to sleep whenever, then go do what I need to do until I'm ready to go to sleep also.

I find that I'm too stressed if the mattress is on a frame, you never know when they'll start rolling and even with pillows I would panic and run to the bedroom every time I heard a tiny sound. I'm much calmer this way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics