Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Medicaid vent
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 4:34 pm
chestnut wrote:
OP, their Medicaid should be retroactive to the day you applied, once it's active

Yes but I can't pick up prescriptions for my kids without the card.

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 4:39 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
If ur husband doesn't have a job why doesn't he deal with it while you work

This

My dad lost his job in the 2008 recession and spent days running around to all the offices to get on programs. Wouldn't have made sense for my mom, who was now the primary breadwinner to take off work and do it

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 4:39 pm
chestnut wrote:
Try googling that office and call the director or the Intake unit supervisor straight.

I tried but the office only lists the main line. Which sends me to "press 1 for English, please hold, your call is (not) very important to us, we couldn't care less about you or even doing our jobs as long as we get our cushy salary and benefits for no work" gehenim.

And they will just say by law they have 45 days to process it even though I KNOW they process it faster than that through my work (clients are On medicaid). But I am legal and work, my husband has worked so how dare we ask for minimal help. It is all reserved for people who don't pay into the system and payroll taxes and many shouldn't even be here getting benefits to begin with.

Thanks for the vent Crying

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 4:41 pm
amother Dill wrote:
This

My dad lost his job in the 2008 recession and spent days running around to all the offices to get on programs. Wouldn't have made sense for my mom, who was now the primary breadwinner to take off work and do it

1. I stupidly put the file under my name so they won't speak to him even though we are married

2. He can't handle this nonsense. Wrong personality type. Totally disorganized when it comes to insurance stuff. I have a skill. Use to do this kind of work and if I can't manage it, how can anyone else?!? He is taking over other responsibilities besides looking for a job.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:57 pm
Find the right government dept to file a complaint with. You can usually file complaints about government agencies, which medicaid is. I did this once years ago when I lived in Brooklyn by calling 311. They stopped giving me the runaround shortly after, not sure if it was related.

familyfirst

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:30 pm
Hugs OP

How do we get you new tights? You can’t walk around with holes. Please pm me

chestnut

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
I tried but the office only lists the main line. Which sends me to "press 1 for English, please hold, your call is (not) very important to us, we couldn't care less about you or even doing our jobs as long as we get our cushy salary and benefits for no work" gehenim.

And they will just say by law they have 45 days to process it even though I KNOW they process it faster than that through my work (clients are On medicaid). But I am legal and work, my husband has worked so how dare we ask for minimal help. It is all reserved for people who don't pay into the system and payroll taxes and many shouldn't even be here getting benefits to begin with.

Thanks for the vent Crying

They do have 45 days to process (not 30?) , but they shouldn't be asking you for the same docs over and over if you sent them already.

chestnut

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes but I can't pick up prescriptions for my kids without the card.

If it's urgent, can you send them a letter from the Dr about it? Maybe it'll expedite it?
Do you have something like 311 in NYC?
Do you want to msg me the office name/number and their address and the city, I'll try googling for the director?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:26 pm
chestnut wrote:
They do have 45 days to process (not 30?) , but they shouldn't be asking you for the same docs over and over if you sent them already.

I am going in. I am bringing the SS cards so they can scan them in just in case they somehow can't see what the phone rep said they could. I tried 4x to speak on one day. Remember there is a minimum of 20 minutes to an hour hold time for each time. They are transferring me to the right line but just send me to main hold pattern. Or just hang up on me.
I am sure the Spanish speaking line works just fine...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:28 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Find the right government dept to file a complaint with. You can usually file complaints about government agencies, which medicaid is. I did this once years ago when I lived in Brooklyn by calling 311. They stopped giving me the runaround shortly after, not sure if it was related.

Medicaid Is a state run federal program so would I call my senator? City councilman? Which office do I file a complaint with?

wanttobehappy

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:18 am
Just want to say I hear you and really really feel for u… I wish I was rich enough to help everyone!!!!

chestnut

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:27 am
amother OP wrote:
I am going in. I am bringing the SS cards so they can scan them in just in case they somehow can't see what the phone rep said they could. I tried 4x to speak on one day. Remember there is a minimum of 20 minutes to an hour hold time for each time. They are transferring me to the right line but just send me to main hold pattern. Or just hang up on me.
I am sure the Spanish speaking line works just fine...

Good luck! Maybe have a copy of them and ask the receptionist to stamp it, so you have proof

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:17 pm
BH all- thanks for your support. My kids qualified so I am so grateful. It was a huge hassle going down there, was super late for work, but at least it was resolved. Required people faxing me stuff while I was there because even though the application forms didn't require certain things (like a specific number of paystubs) they decided while I was there that it was needed.
Oh my goodness.
No other programs. Just medicaid. And it wasted hours and hours of my time. For no reason except workers who don't want to do their job and couldn't care less.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics