Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to easily take dress in and make less baggy for dd?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 2:08 am

I've bought a cute dress for dd. Something similar to this image I found online. It looks very cute except it's too shapeless. I can't afford to send the dress to the dressmaker. Can anyone suggest something I can do to make it look less like a nightdress? It has a dropped waist so I think it won't look right with a belt.

Success10

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 2:43 am
The point of this cut is to kind of have that baggy shapeless look. It's in style and apparently cute and youthful. So your only option here is really a belt. Which might look okay, try ut.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 4:46 am
Success10 wrote:
The point of this cut is to kind of have that baggy shapeless look. It's in style and apparently cute and youthful. So your only option here is really a belt. Which might look okay, try ut.

I know it's supposed to be baggy and shapeless, but because I've sized up for the length, it is too much. I guess I can try a belt.

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 5:33 am
There are hacks on YouTube etc for taking in a dress using around ring shaped object like a hoop earring or an elastic band. My own daughter has used these hacks successfully. However, I've only seen themused on adult clothing ...not sure if it would work the same way with kids' clothes.

English3

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 5:57 am
You take it in from the skirt seam not the hem. You fold in the upper part of the dress. If the hem needs picking up you can aswell but the problem is that the not cute look is because the dress needs to be shortened more then the skirt section usually.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 7:46 am
You could try these clips that can be found on Amazon. They can be used to cinch the dress in the back to create more shape.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 8:18 am
What about the neckline?
It to open , how can that be corrected?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics