Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you remove your shabbos tablecloth POLL:

Do you remove your shabbos tablecloth after shabbos?
Yes  
 72%  [ 88 ]
No  
 17%  [ 21 ]
Most of the time  
 7%  [ 9 ]
Sometimes, but usually not  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 122

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:38 pm
I just realized that my white shabbos tablecloth is still on the dining room table. It's been happening more often that it stays on all week.

daredevil

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:42 pm
We have a light grey tablecloth that can be used for both so that's what we usually use unless it's dirty then we will change to the white tablecloth for shabbos

MommyM

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:46 pm
I voted yes, but we don't have a kitchen table, so our dining room table is used all week too.

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:55 pm
yes, I wash it first thing MS and it's folded and put away by Sunday morning. I don't use plastic though so that might be it.

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just realized that my white shabbos tablecloth is still on the dining room table. It's been happening more often that it stays on all week.

tablecloth stays on, but after Shabbos I put a gray weekday tablecloth over it until the next Shabbos

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:01 pm
Yes… that’s why it’s a Shabbos tablecloth.

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:05 pm
I wash it Motzei Sheba is and put it right back on. We don’t eat in dining room during the week but table gets used a lot so it helps protect the table . Don’t want a different cloth on as room is elegant and it would Nt work

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:07 pm
Husb wants it on for motzei shbs too so I take it off first thing Sunday morning.
I grew up leaving it on all week and I hated it.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:12 pm
I used to take it off right after shabbos. I have a nice vinyl tablecloth underneath for weekday. We don’t use our dining room that much during the week. A few months ago I left it on— maybe it was Yom Tov time and it didn’t pay to take off? Or maybe I was just busy? Now I leave it on. Not because I like it on. Because it makes things a drop easier for me. Maybe soon I’ll start taking it off again like I really should be doing.

paperflowers

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:16 pm
Ha, this might be the first home organization poll I could respond to in a way that makes it seem like I have my act together.

I do remove my tablecloth right after shabbos because apparently it's best to have melave malka not on the shabbos tablecloth.

I don't have a kitchen table, so that contributes too.

However, to make up for this seemingly organized behavior, I do sometimes forget to wash my tablecloth all week.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:23 pm
We davka keep it on the table till Sunday morning- segula for parnassah and it doesnt hurt

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:24 pm
Nope. It stays on all the time because it's covered by a thick plastic protector. Motzash I throw a cloth over the whole thing to protect it from anything anyone may do on it, like a child coloring. The only time the cloth comes off is before Pesach when it's washed to kasher it (which it probably doesn't even need as food never touches it) and it goes right back on the table to be covered by a Pesachdik plastic protector.

michimochi

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:26 pm
We have a plastic tablecloth we replace every erev Shabbos, and put a white linen on top. We remove the linen after Shabbos and leave the plastic all week.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:44 pm
I don't understand those who leave their tablecloth all week. Isn't it dirty? I change my tablecloth after the Friday night meal. Usually don't change between lunch and seuda shlishit, because I'm lazy and we don't have a formal ss. After shabbos I clear the table and take off the tablecloth. Wash my tablecloths during the week, fold, and only take them out again when I set the table for the following Friday night. I don't have small children but the tablecloth is never clean after a meal. When people are saying they leave their tablecloth on, are you using a plastic liner that you remove (or wipe down) after each meal?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics