Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
18 month old very unhappy since starting day care- normal?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Sep 08 2023, 8:24 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Honestly, after reading the post by another member who sends there, I'd still send cautiously and monitor what's happening.

It's very possible that if OP's kid wasn't adjusting and very upset and only calmed down in the stroller, the Morah did it for the kid's benefit so he'd feel secure while he still has stranger anxiety.

It took a week for my 16 mo to get used to this year and he would just cry at the beginning. The stroller might be a comfort for him. If it's still happening in another week, it's a no go, but it could really still have to do with adjusting.

My 2 year old in a new class goes and chills in the nap corner for the first hour in the morning to get used to the day. Her teacher reached out to me to let me know, but it's not crazy for a new Morah to give a toddler their space as long as he's not strapped in and can get out when he's ready.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 12:35 pm
Someone asked me for an update so here it is, I can't speak for OP but my child is very happy and her child seems to be as well. They've all started talking loads and it's adorable how they all know each other's names and are excited to see each other.

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:52 am
I would pull him out TOMORROW!!! had similar situation with a kid and he suffered long term trauma...took few years of therapy
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics