Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Tickets from Israel to NY for pesach?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:38 am
where is the best place to search? prices are crazy

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:20 am
amother OP wrote:
where is the best place to search? prices are crazy

Search El Al's website. Other airlines are much more likely to cancel out on you bc of war.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:28 am
looking for tickets the other way from NYC to Israel seems the first few days after pesach are outrageous and we need to be back before shabbos. idk what to do..

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:42 am
Unfortunately there are no great options. There is only one airline . I wouldn’t count on others besides elal , they would cancel immediately from a small incident during war. We bought the tickets , they are a fortune Sad((

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:43 am
can I ask how much you paid ?

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:45 am
You need to use a travel agent this year. I bought for my son coming back from Israel last week for $1300. With a stopover in Europe.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:35 am
Obvs if u can do with a stopover do that . That’s what I would do for a yeshiva bachur. I bought the tickets for a young couple IyH who will have a newborn IyH. Stopover is not an option for them. I bought a couple weeks ago and it was sooo much money. I didn’t want to wait any longer as I’m assuming the prices willl keep climbing. There is only one airline flying direct so there is no competition in the marketplace .

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:43 am
Sadly, because EL AL has a hold on the market (only airline flying to/from Israel from/to USA) and, until this week (United just started or is about to start), flying to Israel again, El AL really is the only way to go - all direct flights are a fortune and prices have been climbing for months - even with a travel agent, the prices for direct flights are soaring, do not wait…even booking flights for this summer is outrageous (price wise, what is posted), (Delta says they may start after April 30th, but there’s no official date, and they can cancel the flights booked, etc) good luck.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:53 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
can I ask how much you paid ?

We recently checked, it's about $3,000 a ticket.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:06 am
Dd seminary said they need to be back on Monday morning for class after pesach. I found and bought a cheaper ticket couple weeks ago arriving on Monday afternoon. Do you think it’s ok?

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:07 am
It can be higher too (varies if you go through a travel agent), some tix are more. Also depends on if you need one vs two bags.

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:47 pm
I know this won't help for now, but why do people wait so long to buy tickets? Tickets are always crazy expensive Sukkos and Pesach time without a war and fewer airlines to buy from.

My son is in Israel for yeshiva. I purchased his ticket home before sukkos. Yes he has one stopover each direction (as we don't live in NY and there are no direct flights to my area), but his ticket was under $1,000. His flights were not flying due to the war, but the airline made a deal with ElAl a few months ago, so we were able to switch the ticket with a tiny additional admin fee to the travel agent. Still under $1,000.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:54 pm
its usually not this expensive to go to Israel for pesach. we've done it before for under 1000 a ticket. now it's more like 2k . .. hesitating to book because of the price of course. I'm not sure what I'm hoping will happen...

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 2:28 pm
amother Amber wrote:
Dd seminary said they need to be back on Monday morning for class after pesach. I found and bought a cheaper ticket couple weeks ago arriving on Monday afternoon. Do you think it’s ok?

I'm sure that seminary won't make an issue if you let them know about it beforehand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics