Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Is there a connection between asd and pandas?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:26 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
You say this in every thread on the topic
Maybe in YOUR brother’s case it was genetic. That doesn’t mean that most cases are not caused by inflammation, toxins, infectious agents like Lyme strep etc
Autism and pans are at epidemic levels now and no it’s not because of more diagnosing it’s because there is a tremendous environmental factor at play

Actually most/ many can look back and see from videos that there was something there from day 1. And possibly it’s just a trend of over diagnosing everything as pandas/ pans. The brain inflammation theories are shaky at best. The scientific research is tiny groups of people which really can’t possibly prove anything about the masses. Let’s face it, kids have difficulty regulating emotions, it’s part of being a child. In the last generation kids got hit for being difficult, now they are labeled as pandas. Perhaps we just need to learn to tolerate it better and stop fighting them, maybe they will calm down if we stop demanding so much from our kids. Or perhaps it’s an emotional, mental issue or has another diagnosis. Sorry but saying nothing exists besides brain inflammation and it’s the answer to everything just tells me someone drank the kool aid and isn’t really one to take advice from.

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 3:31 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Actually most/ many can look back and see from videos that there was something there from day 1. And possibly it’s just a trend of over diagnosing everything as pandas/ pans. The brain inflammation theories are shaky at best. The scientific research is tiny groups of people which really can’t possibly prove anything about the masses. Let’s face it, kids have difficulty regulating emotions, it’s part of being a child. In the last generation kids got hit for being difficult, now they are labeled as pandas. Perhaps we just need to learn to tolerate it better and stop fighting them, maybe they will calm down if we stop demanding so much from our kids. Or perhaps it’s an emotional, mental issue or has another diagnosis. Sorry but saying nothing exists besides brain inflammation and it’s the answer to everything just tells me someone drank the kool aid and isn’t really one to take advice from.

Seems to me some people are prone to inflammation.
A body type. Like being prone to eczema or sinus issues. Predisposition.

But who knows.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 4:02 pm
amother Grape wrote:
well I can tell you don't have experience with pandas yourself b h. Because when a calm child starts acting aggressive and completely strange fron literally one day to the next and has this behaviors every time he gets strep well yeah it's brain inflammation and not a lack of regulation skills if suddenly lost...

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 4:33 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Seems to me some people are prone to inflammation.
A body type. Like being prone to eczema or sinus issues. Predisposition.

But who knows.
Yes there are definitely genes that predispose people to autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases.

But there are also all kinds of non genetic but yes hereditary factors that can play into this as well, like gut microbiome (we can only pass down what we have), pathogenic load (many chronic infections cross the placenta), metal toxicity, mineral and nutrient deficiencies, "dirty" methylation genes, mold toxicity.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 4:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
well I can tell you don't have experience with pandas yourself b h. Because when a calm child starts acting aggressive and completely strange fron literally one day to the next and has this behaviors every time he gets strep well yeah it's brain inflammation and not a lack of regulation skills if suddenly lost...

Well I can tell you make things up. I have a lot of experience up close and personal. One successfully treated by dr shulman never returned. The other one responded to being treated as the asd it is. And so what if they don’t act ok while sick? That’s within the range of normal, you put them on antibiotics get rid of the strep and go on with life.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 4:50 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Well I can tell you make things up. I have a lot of experience up close and personal. One successfully treated by dr shulman never returned. The other one responded to being treated as the asd it is. And so what if they don’t act ok while sick? That’s within the range of normal, you put them on antibiotics get rid of the strep and go on with life.
happy antibiotics worked for you but did nothing for my child. Removing him from gluten and dairy did something. And targeting drain inflammation did too.
Well clearly you dealt with something similar yet different.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)