Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
ISO Shabbos taxi service to hospital

rachelli18

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 5:56 pm
Looking for a non-Jewish taxi company that has arrangements to take women to the hospital on Shabbos when they are in labor. TIA!

GLUE

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:16 pm
Do you have the BP?
There was a place advertising page264

No clue who they are
La Mexicana
732-886-5444\732-886-8099

sbil

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:17 pm
Just do Uber. We had an arrangement with some Mexican car service and had money prepared in an envelope. But Uber is better since your cc is saved onto account and you don't have to worry about payment. At least that's what my neighbor said when I went into labor on shabbos.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:21 pm
Funny story I heard, happened to my mothers neighbor. The wife went into labor on shabbos. When the car service came to pick them up there was another couple in the car, also heading for labor and delivery Can't Believe It

rachelli18

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:24 pm
LOL! Thank you for the info! I lost my contacts, but I remember they let you give them your phone number cc info before Shabbos, so you don't need to bother with payment if you call them.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:58 pm
Just want to share that our rabbi told us to ask for an electric car instead of a regular car. Ask your lor

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:09 pm
Our rabbi and my neighbor rabbi as well, said to use a regular Uber but ask the driver to open the door .

GLUE

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:20 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
Just want to share that our rabbi told us to ask for an electric car instead of a regular car. Ask your lor

Did He explain why?

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:29 pm
GLUE wrote:
Did He explain why?

Honestly not exactly sure something about it not having an engine so less of an issur

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:51 pm
I saved this number in my phone when I was in my ninth month but we ended up davening hard and also preprogramming the hospital address into lyft so it would be minimal buttons pressed… and I ended up being induced:)

Shabbos taxi registration
(732) 370-1051

amother
Daffodil

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 5:00 am
I don't live in Lakewood, but just want to put in my two cents. Please don't wait till last minute when calling a taxi on Shabbos! I gave birth at home waiting for a taxi to arrive on Shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries