Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Anyone else have this issue with blonde wigs?

chrysanthemum12

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:45 pm
Hi everyone! I bought a wig and a fall a little more than a year ago. They were both the same brand, same coloring (dirty blonde/blonde/brown) and I really loved the way they looked. A few months ago I noticed a pink streak in my sheitel. I brought it to my sheitel macher and she said she never saw anything like it before but she'd try to get it out through a good wash. It didn't work and she told me it looks like the pink is a part of the coloring! I still wear it because it's the only sheitel I have.. Honestly I'm so busy I didn't have time to look into why it turned pink or how to fix it since. It's my shabbos sheitel so the only thing I could think of is maybe lipstick dyed it but I rlly don't wear lipstick just lipgloss😂 Now I'm noticing pink on my fall, a lot more than what I saw on my sheitel. Anyone familiar with this issue??

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:59 pm
chrysanthemum12 wrote:
Hi everyone! I bought a wig and a fall a little more than a year ago. They were both the same brand, same coloring (dirty blonde/blonde/brown) and I really loved the way they looked. A few months ago I noticed a pink streak in my sheitel. I brought it to my sheitel macher and she said she never saw anything like it before but she'd try to get it out through a good wash. It didn't work and she told me it looks like the pink is a part of the coloring! I still wear it because it's the only sheitel I have.. Honestly I'm so busy I didn't have time to look into why it turned pink or how to fix it since. It's my shabbos sheitel so the only thing I could think of is maybe lipstick dyed it but I rlly don't wear lipstick just lipgloss😂 Now I'm noticing pink on my fall, a lot more than what I saw on my sheitel. Anyone familiar with this issue??

Absolutely!
It's a common issue with processed blondes!
Is your shaitel macher new to the business that she never encountered it?

Blonde wigs usually go through a lot of processing - even if they don't go through processing eventually you dye them and eventually all blondes turn green or pink.

I'm sorry it happened so soon

chrysanthemum12

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 7:01 pm
Oh wow thank you! Can I redye or is it a lost cause with this one?

eta14

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 7:01 pm
Yes, it happens with poorly processed wigs. I have one virgin hair sheitel with a lot of blonde in it and so far almost 2 years old with no issues. You have to be careful about processed blondes. Maybe you could root it throughout?

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 7:59 pm
eta14 wrote:
Yes, it happens with poorly processed wigs. I have one virgin hair sheitel with a lot of blonde in it and so far almost 2 years old with no issues. You have to be careful about processed blondes. Maybe you could root it throughout?

Not necessarily poorly processed.
Some of my processed wigs last a lot longer than 2 years before they turned pink.
I think the shortest was 2-3 years.

Even expensive virgin hair wigs turn pink eventually too as you dye it when the color oxidizes.

I don't know of any way to take away the pink.
It's really hard Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels