Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Help with issue....Immother is great but..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:12 am
B"h Imamother is great. However from time to time I need real life advice concerning my children. In part because I can't give myself away with very identifiable details involving other people. And very specific situations. Trust me I know some problems are more common than one would think. But I'm fairly certain my situation is not like that. Talking to somone I know Irl also somtimes includes Loshen H. And I wouldn't want to compromise my child privacy. How could I get advice?

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:31 am
Would you be interested in taking a parenting course? That might be a good way to get some of your questions answered, and some have the option of a personal Q&A session with the speaker.

Another option - do you have a mentor you could speak to? It could even be someone you haven't spoken to in years, or never used before as a mentor but maybe you can try to develop that relationship now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:46 am
I'm located in lakewood if you know of a good one sure would like to. I see so many advertised each one with a different specifics. I don't know which to choose. I would need somone very wise.

How would I find a mentor? Again this is not a regular parenting question. A mentor would have to be able to relate to some of the very specific circumstances.

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:50 am
My children have a therapist who I will ask parenting questions to but we don't always have the same approach so its a mixed bag. I find that talking to other mothers that have been there and done that is the most helpful. I found facebook groups like special frum moms, there is an adhd whatsapp group, I have networked with some other mothers whose kids are older then mine and we arent really friends so its not awkward and they don't know my kids like say my next door neighbor does.

Regarding professionals, unless you have successfully raised a kid like mine into adulthood I take their advice with a big grain of salt. Because there is only so much you can know without experiencing it yourself.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 12:07 pm
Thank you. I'm not on social media and don't plan to start so that's out. Kids are mostly typical, circumstance is not typical relatable to people.

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 12:25 pm
Is it a family issue? I'm not being yentish but I wonder if maybe a different city would have support for your needs so you feel more anonymous.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 12:51 pm
No it's not exactly. It's an issue with alot of outside politics involved , Not family politics but other powerful politics. Decisions that would usually be considered are not in this case. I can't change the power but it's about dealing with the power.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics