Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Help me find a place to live
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Ok just to update I really have no idea what our salaries will be in E”Y and I really don’t want to be running the hamster wheel with extra jobs just to afford life.

Right now our house is worth about 250,000 and whatever we get from it will help pay debt so we won’t have anything to put down.

So I assume we will need to rent first.

Are afula and/or Karmiel going to be good for pre teens who don’t know Hebrew?

No it wouldn't! Unlikely to be any older olim there (bc usually families won't go to such Israeli places with teens) and the culture and language is going to be so shocking. You need to seriously consider this. Most of the schools in rbs are seasoned pros at helping teens adjust to Israel. Especially if by the time you get there she is approaching high school. I

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:15 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so I was just in Israel and took a quick glance at RBS and it just looks
Overcrowded and people swarming everywhere like Beit shemesh proper. Is this not accurate?

And yes I know it’s a huge deal. Doing my research before I present it to kids. Hopefully when we go for nephew wedding in a few months we can go visit a neighborhood that may be a good fit and my kids can get a feel for it.

That’s what I’m hoping by asking here

No offense but one drive through the area is not a way to judge an entire city. It's like saying oh I don't like Lakewood because I drove by one place that was crowded. Yes its growing each day but generally it is not even close to the feeling of hustle and bustle as other major cities in Israel.

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:45 am
Migdal haemek. There’s a small Anglo community. I think you’d do just fine there. Affordable housing as well.

And you can get something with space, just won’t be in highly American areas. RBs - no. Jerusalem - no.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:47 am
Rbs is nowhere as crowded as Yerushalayim. It's very suburban. There are streets that are more crowded and some that are less so.
There are parks all over.
For example, you could live in an apartment in RBS A on the corner of Hayarden and Hayarkon, and be a few steps away from Park Yarmut, which is huge. You'd also be very close to mishkafayim which has 3 parks.
Park Ayalon is another very large park with many apartments walking distance to it.
Rbs gimmel daled and hey have many parks as well.
Daled has very wide streets, not at all like Jerusalem. Yes, it all apartment buildings but nowhere near as crowded as the chareidi neighborhoods in Yerushalayim.
Rbs is full of American chareidi olim.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:08 am
Can anyone tell OP if her type of Charedi would fit in Dimona or Arad? I know both have decent sized Charedi communities, but I (MO) don't know about the different kinds of Charedi.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:39 am
I personally would not sell your home and rent in RBS and use the rent towards finishing your mortgage in the states quickly as possible. I usually am against this and say buy right away.

But-

The rent is much cheaper right now compared to mortgages on the same size homes in RBS. You need to put down 30% and prove that the monthly return is only 1/3 of your income. With 250k, if that is not fully paid off, you won't have much wiggle room. And mortgage rates are really high right now.

If you bought a bunch of years ago, chances are you didn't take out a huge mortgage. And because of interest rates, more people in the states are renting and rent is high. If you leave yourself a cushion for repairs ect. and pay off the mortgage, you will have the full home value as a down payment, and afford RBS. You will probably have a better handle on where you want to live exactly at that point, and you can always continue renting and use the cash flow towards your RBS rent....

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:39 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Rbs is nowhere as crowded as Yerushalayim. It's very suburban. There are streets that are more crowded and some that are less so.
There are parks all over.
For example, you could live in an apartment in RBS A on the corner of Hayarden and Hayarkon, and be a few steps away from Park Yarmut, which is huge. You'd also be very close to mishkafayim which has 3 parks.
Park Ayalon is another very large park with many apartments walking distance to it.
Rbs gimmel daled and hey have many parks as well.
Daled has very wide streets, not at all like Jerusalem. Yes, it all apartment buildings but nowhere near as crowded as the chareidi neighborhoods in Yerushalayim.
Rbs is full of American chareidi olim.

Right so that sound good in theory but I’m not sure it’s gonna work for our family.

We come from out of town although it’s a large community. I don’t want to be just another number/face in RBS.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:34 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
Moshav Mattisyahu comes to mind as a place to look into. It's just outside Kiryat Sefer, but it's almost all Americans, and their Rav is Rav Zev Leff. I believe there's more space than in a place like RBS, and I think religiously you could make it work for you. The only issue is that it's quite small and I don't know that they have any units available for sale/rent.

The Moshav is extremely expensive to buy into. Maybe renting is cheaper.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions